Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2017, 09:58 PM   #1

2018 XLS 29HFS audio video hook ups

I have a 2018 XLS 29HFS and I am trying to hook up the tv in the living area ... the factory DVD player is the Furrion ... on the wall behind the tv there is one set of RCA audio video plugs (one yellow, one red, one white), one Coaxial for the antenna, one Coaxial for Cable/satellite, and another set of audio (one red and one white) ... I am not sure how to hook up the tv ... the tv only has component connections, HDMI, USB, coaxial port, and one set of audio RCA ports (red and white) ... I assume the audio video ports on the wall (red, white, and yellow) are for the DVD player? But I don't have a video port on the tv! And ... what is the second set of audio ports (white and red) for on the wall?

Thanks for the help
selandbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 08:36 AM   #2

The ride white and yellow on the wall is to hook the DVD player into your tv, you would need RCA plugs from there to your tv. If your tv doesn't have a yellow video in, I think there's a converter you can get to go to HDMI. I would think the other red\white connection is to run the sound from your tv, back into the Furrion so you could hear your tv sound over the speakers.

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 12:39 PM   #3

Mine just has a bundle of wires hanging out of the wall, nothing labeled. The red/white/yellow RCA's will play DVDs from your wall mounted DVD player and play the DVDs sound through the on board speakers. I have some questions about the coax cables though. I tried each 90 degree orientation of the antenna and both coax cables that have a fitting on them (the third has no fitting) and had the green amplifier light turned on. I was never able to find any channels. Anyone have any tricks on tuning the antenna? What side of the antenna should be pointed toward the station?
Prop Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:27 PM   #4

We use an AP called Tv towers USA. It works good for us.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:32 PM   #5

Yup, the dangling cables on the wall are for the DVD player. Those should plug into the component jacks of your TV. If your TV doesnt have RCA or component jacks, there are converters that can convert those cables into HDMI. The furion head unit only plays standard DVDs. I have added a small stand alone bluray player to get 1080p movies.
Toneaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 01:06 PM   #6

You said the TV has component connections. ON the TV...the red & white jacks are for left and right audio channel inputs. There are also 3 other video jacks and the GREEN one serves as both a Y jack when using full component video connections AND the composite video input which is where your YELLOW wire from the DVD player should go.
See picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hookyellow.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	140432  
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:32 PM   #7

Do you want the tv sound playing on the same speakers as the radio? If so you need run RCA cables from Audio Out on the tv to Audio In on the radio (most likely one of the wall mounted sets.) To play DVD video on the tv you hook up the yellow as described above. DVD audio is already at the radio (where the DVD is playing) so you don't have to do anything to play the DVD Audio through the radio speakers...it is already there.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 10:33 PM   #8
New RV Owner

Check the manual for the tv. I didn't have a video in also, when i looked at the manual it showed that one of the component inputs seconds as a video input for A/V wires. The red and white plug into the red and white audio in on the tv
Robspana is offline   Reply With Quote