Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2018, 06:18 PM   #1

2019 XLR 29 HFS Price

Hi folks! New member here. I’m considering buying a 2019 XLR 29HFS, and have a couple questions. My dealer is offering this model $2000 less than I can find anywhere, nationwide. And, literally, a 20 year parts and labor warranty on nearly everything but the tires. Plus a $500 military discount. A good friend and I think this is a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

Also, we’re down sizing from a 5th wheel and this has the floor plan we want, and is about the shortest model toy hauler we can find with a wall separating the garage. Any reason why we wouldn’t want to buy this model? Thanks!
iammoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:24 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by iammoco View Post
Hi folks! New member here. I’m considering buying a 2019 XLR 29HFS, and have a couple questions. My dealer is offering this model $2000 less than I can find anywhere, nationwide. And, literally, a 20 year parts and labor warranty on nearly everything but the tires. Plus a $500 military discount. A good friend and I think this is a pretty good deal. Thoughts?

Also, we’re down sizing from a 5th wheel and this has the floor plan we want, and is about the shortest model toy hauler we can find with a wall separating the garage. Any reason why we wouldn’t want to buy this model? Thanks!
Price ? did you check couches rv nation ? the xlr 29 is a great unit . i've had mine going on 4 yrs trouble free except for normal maintenance
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Price ? did you check couches rv nation ? the xlr 29 is a great unit . i've had mine going on 4 yrs trouble free except for normal maintenance
I just checked Couches and the price I’m getting is $2000 less than all his 2018’s and $3000 less than his 2019’s. I’m feeling pretty good about my offer. �� Thanks!
Old 12-06-2018, 09:38 AM   #4

sounds like a great deal then . you should be happy with the 29
Old 12-28-2018, 11:56 AM   #5

2019 XLR 29 HFS Price

I have a 2017 29HFS - great layout. Make sure the axles are matched to the gross weight of the TT.
My gross weight is about #9800. But my axles are each #4400. ??? Sonething doesn't add up , ?? Its real hard to run 2 Harley Baggers in and keep under gross. Not to mention getting the tongue weight back to 10% (runs light with bikes in ).
If any one else has this problem message me so I don't have to start a new thread.. 29HFS Good choice....
This is True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 02:32 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is True View Post
I have a 2017 29HFS - great layout. Make sure the axles are matched to the gross weight of the TT.
My gross weight is about #9800. But my axles are each #4400. ??? Sonething doesn't add up , ?? Its real hard to run 2 Harley Baggers in and keep under gross. Not to mention getting the tongue weight back to 10% (runs light with bikes in ).
If any one else has this problem message me so I don't have to start a new thread.. 29HFS Good choice....

With 2 bikes it will be tough . since they will eat up almost all the cargo capacity . they [FR] claims the TW carries a portion of the weight which is why they put in 4400lbs axles . IMO should be 5200lbs axles . i only carry one bike with a total in garage of about 1100lbs with the remainder loaded toward the front of the unit that and about 20 gallons of water while traveling . unless i'm boondocking then it's a full tank . so my weights are good and max out fully loaded at around 9300 lbs .

The only thing you can do is fill the water tank that will put weight up front . but you won't be able to carry much else . I really don't think these are designed to carry 2 full sized bikes they fall way short on cargo and axles ratings . do your self a favor if you have not all ready or if the unit did not all ready come equipped with e load rated tires up grade asap . mine came with d rated and that was not near enough cushion for me . I've got 25,000 miles on my set up with out issues but with 2 Harley's in the back it's a different ball game .
Old 12-28-2018, 02:47 PM   #7

Thanks MR.M
I've been telling the DW that I thought we were over loaded.

2017 XLR Hyper Lite 29HFS Toy Hauler
2013 Silverado 2500HD, Ext. Cab, 6.0L, 4x4
Harleys in the garage & our Lab in the backseat... Abby, aka – Abbygator Slobber Nasty
This is True is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 08:10 PM   #8

We’ll only be hauling a dirt bike and gear in ours, we should be ok on weight.

Tags
xlr