Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #1

2019 XLR 29hfs plumbing

Just figured out my bathroom sink is plumbed to my blackwater tank. Called FR and they confirmed that is correct. Cant say i like that. Also sometimes our bathroom sink doesnt want to drain and if you step on the toilet flush it can shoot a big air/water bubble out of the sink or toilet
todd135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:57 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd135 View Post
Just figured out my bathroom sink is plumbed to my blackwater tank. Called FR and they confirmed that is correct. Cant say i like that. Also sometimes our bathroom sink doesnt want to drain and if you step on the toilet flush it can shoot a big air/water bubble out of the sink or toilet
Wonder why they did that . in my 29 i have two greys one for kiitchen and one for bath shower and lav . if it's not draining and when you flush toilet it splashes out it means the vent pipe is clogged . fell down into the tank or was never installed . you can go on roof find the vent pipe take the cover off and see if it slipped down into the tank .
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:36 PM   #3

Mine has 2 grey tanks also. Checked the roof vent and all is well. FR said they have a fix for the vent to tie it to the shower vent. But it is piped to black water by design
todd135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:59 PM   #4

Quote:
Mine has 2 grey tanks also. Checked the roof vent and all is well. FR said they have a fix for the vent to tie it to the shower vent. But it is piped to black water by design
if your getting pressure in the tanks . like you said pushes air and water out the sink when flushed then the vent is not working correctly and is below the water level in the tank . dump your tank and see how it functions empty and then again as it fills . if it starts to act up as the levels get higher then the vent pipe is to low in the tank.
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:59 PM   #5

Quote:
We have the same issues. Look under the sink in the cabinet on the left side. There is a screw on cap. loosen it up a bit and it will allow the tank to vent. The wife and I are living full time as my work takes me on the road. We have never had an issue with sewer gas smell. When I first started doing this I figured the wife would be the first to get a wiff (she can smell a fart in a tornado) and she has never complained yet. Been doing this for over 4 months now.

2018 29HFS
Barnettbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnettbill View Post
We have the same issues. Look under the sink in the cabinet on the left side. There is a screw on cap. loosen it up a bit and it will allow the tank to vent. The wife and I are living full time as my work takes me on the road. We have never had an issue with sewer gas smell. When I first started doing this I figured the wife would be the first to get a wiff (she can smell a fart in a tornado) and she has never complained yet. Been doing this for over 4 months now.

2018 29HFS

I married her sister.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:49 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I married her sister.
Barnettbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:49 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
if your getting pressure in the tanks . like you said pushes air and water out the sink when flushed then the vent is not working correctly and is below the water level in the tank . dump your tank and see how it functions empty and then again as it fills . if it starts to act up as the levels get higher then the vent pipe is to low in the tank.
This is a good place to start and quite possibly the problem.

Bruce
Old 04-28-2019, 05:53 PM   #9

Had the same issue. With my 2018 29HFS. Dealer claims the black tank was NOT vented from the factory.
Edunlap is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing, xlr