Old 01-12-2020, 01:06 PM   #1

2019 XLR Thunderbolt 382AMP

I want to switch to a Reese Goose Box from a Rota Flex Trailair, is this a 1621 pin box? The label inside the pinbox is painted over, looks like factory paint. Has anyone put a Reese Goose Box on a XLR Thunderbolt? I realize it would lower my GVWR to 20k from 21k lbs and that I would have to be careful not to increase pin weight, since it has a limit of 4k lbs. What kind of pin weights are XLR 382AMP owners seeing with loaded water tanks, I think the fresh water tank is over axles and front grey/black tanks are in front of the axles. Gas tanks and rear grey/black tanks are behind the axles.

There are black isolation valves under the bathroom sinks, these donít appear to be directly connected to the hot/cold to the sink, what are these for?

How many different outlet circuits are there inside the camper, want to know for understanding how many electric heaters can be plugged in. How are they separated.

Kitchen and garage bunk lights seem to be miswired, canít turn on the kitchen over cabinet lights unless the bunk lights are on, I have not checked out why, has anyone else already fixed this? Where was the problem located?

Both doors could not be closed without lifting the latch, striker plate was bent from people trying to slam it shut at dealer, I removed both door handles and lubricated them with some spray gun oil, they both close easily now.

Sony stereo system in the camper has Bluetooth phone audio input, my phone will connect and very briefly play music, then disconnects, I have not chased this much yet, does anyone know the solution to this?

How do you open the rear garage vent near floor, I donít want to break it and it was not obvious to me how to open it?

Dometic RM1350MSSX refrigerator door handle broke the 3rd time opening the door, I was warned they are poor design and was trying to be careful, still broke. Anyone know of solution for this **** design?

Trim falling off at ceiling to wall interface in slide out above main entry door, looks like it was stapled on, anyone know best solution to this? I canít easily restaple due to window shade, was thinking about gluing it?

Fueling station gas hose is way to short, has anyone lengthened this hose? Seems like it should be pretty simple to add 10í and still be able to stuff it back in the compartment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200108_094537498_HDR.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	347.7 KB
ID:	221725  

sloanebiking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:56 PM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

Whoa that's a lot of questions!

Instead of the Reese Goosebox, have you thought about the Gen Y hitch instead? It has a higher capacity than the Goosebox:
https://genyhitch.com/product/execut...-torsion-flex/

Old 01-13-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
Fulltime family RVer

As for outlets, you likely have 2 main circuits that your house outlets run off of. One is going to be the GFCI outlets in bathroom and kitchen areas; the other is going to be "general" outlets. If you have washer/dryer hookups, you'll possibly have separate breakers for those. The best thing I can tell you is hook electric up to the rig and turn off all of the breakers except one. Take a non-contact voltage detector around to all of the outlets and map it out. Do each breaker one by one. It's not too hard nor even really time consuming, 1/2 hour tops.
Old 01-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #4
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
There are black isolation valves under the bathroom sinks, these don’t appear to be directly connected to the hot/cold to the sink, what are these for?
Can you post pictures of what you're talking about with these?
Old 01-13-2020, 02:09 PM   #5

I had not looked at the Gen Y hitch, I will check it out, thanks for all your suggestions. Not sure why it rotated my pics 180 degrees? anyone know how to stop that?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20200108_200249400.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	270.4 KB
ID:	221775   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200108_200256447.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	184.9 KB
ID:	221776  
Old 01-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloanebiking View Post
I had not looked at the Gen Y hitch, I will check it out, thanks for all your suggestions. Not sure why it rotated my pics 180 degrees? anyone know how to stop that?
I only know of it because a friend is running about 22k and wanted a hitch for his setup.

The pics rotate because of a bug in this forum and Social Knowledge (the company that owns these forums) refuses to fix it for some unknown reason. It's infuriating.

Anyway, those are vacuum breakers. This is part of the black tank flush and prevents water from siphoning back from the black tank to the freshwater source.

You can see it here:
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/RV-Va...-p/10-0817.htm
Old 01-13-2020, 04:13 PM   #7

Not a bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I only know of it because a friend is running about 22k and wanted a hitch for his setup.

The pics rotate because of a bug in this forum and Social Knowledge (the company that owns these forums) refuses to fix it for some unknown reason. It's infuriating.
The way to "fix" it is to take pictures with the button on the right. Not left. Not top. Not bottom. Only on the right.

Strictly speaking, it's not a bug. It's a side effect of shrinking the picture without retaining the metadata which tells your browser which way to rotate it when displaying it.

Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:41 PM   #8
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry-NC View Post
The way to "fix" it is to take pictures with the button on the right. Not left. Not top. Not bottom. Only on the right.

Strictly speaking, it's not a bug. It's a side effect of shrinking the picture without retaining the metadata which tells your browser which way to rotate it when displaying it.
Which is the software that’s shrinking it. If it’s losing data, it’s a bug.

And I’ve held my phone the same for multiple pictures and uploaded them. Some get rotated, others don’t. I upload those same photos to Flickr or Imgur and it’s fine.

It’s a bug that’s being ignored and has long been reported.

- signed a web developer who totally would have this reported as a bug by testers, customers, and managers.
Old 01-13-2020, 09:53 PM   #9

thanks for your replies on the forums weak picture capabilities, are you guys saying it will post correctly if I hold my phone in portrait or landscape position when I take the picture?

There are 2 black tanks so I guess that is why I am seeing 2 vacuum breakers. This picture is to test if it post correctly when taking in portrait position. There does not seem to be a check valve on the inlet to the black water flush, so presumably no winterization is needed on that circuit? Well that did not work either, I will try a pic taken in landscape sometime. Larry, when you say button, what button are you referring to? Phones have buttons on both sides.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20200113_193818793.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	275.9 KB
ID:	221788  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:44 PM   #10

Truck/Camper loaded with water

I called Forest River warranty folks to answer some of my questions, the folks listed on website answer the phone and are nice enough but are not technical and can not answer technical questions. They claim there guru "Dave" will call, but he never has, after pinging them several times over 2 months. Basically figure it out yourself, they have been ZERO help.

2020 F-350 Lariat DRW 6.7L
2019 XLR Thunderbolt 413AMP
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	truck.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	224757  
Old 03-08-2020, 01:48 PM   #11

XLR 413AMP pin weights, etc, 2020 F-350

I installed a 20k Goosebox yesterday. I only drove it to the scale at work, but the ride was excellent. I was concerned I would be over pin weight but it was fine. I posted weight results because I was not able to find pin weight on this camper when loaded with water. I was more impressed with the truck, I drove down a steep curvy 900' drop and did not need to touch the brakes, and truck pulled the rig back up the hill very easily. I will give a ride update after getting some miles on the camper/Goosebox. I have 6.5" bed rail clearance. I think about 48psig in the Goosebox air bag.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	truck weights.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	224758  

Tags
382amp, thunderbolt, xlr