Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2020, 12:25 PM   #1

2020 Forest River Nitro XLR 321 Toy Hauler Rear LED Lights at the top

We just purchased this toy hauler and the led lights above the back constantly stay on. We had to pull the fuse in order to shut it off. Is there a switch that we are missing somewhere? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
JAnnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:08 AM   #2

Are you talking about when it's plugged into your TV wiring harness, or all the time - all the time??
The Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:15 AM   #3

I can't help with your issue just a little moral support
We just purchased an XLR Hyperlite 3016 and dr during our pre inspection i found a switch that controls nothing. No one at the dealership could help. A few nights ago I was playing with it after dark and found out it was for a light on the outside in back of the trailer. Keep looking i bet you find a switch in a really weird place that controls your lights
Ron.danahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 08:38 AM   #4

We ended up calling Forest River and found out that one of the people they had wiring the Camper was wiring them wrong. So the LED light would just stay on all the time. We did have a switch in the garage area that wasn't connected to anything was just in the wall randomly. So what happened was is that they had the wire there but never connected it so we had to follow the wire from the top light at the back of the trailer that's the LED White light that also is used when you are driving and it's hooked up to the truck and tie that wire into the switch. What a pain in the ass but we figured it out after 3 days.
JAnnis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 02:28 PM   #5

Weird 'hidden' light switches

I'm thinking this happens a lot because the dealers hire folks that really don't know much about RV's. I, for one, do not know a lot about RV's, and found out the hard way that they will put a switch for a light (or whatever) in the strangest spot!
I tore into the panel just inside the entry door of my 2017 27' XLR Hyperlite toy hauler looking for the cable line from the TV. I couldn't get the TV to work at all, or I couldn't get ANY reception, just a fuzzy, snowy noisy mess on screen. I was able to trace one of the wires inside the panel that 'seemed' to be coming from the rotatable antennae on the ceiling that's just inside the door. The wire went all the way back across the ceiling to the bedroom!! As it turns out, that wire actually powers the manual antennae so that it sends the signal to the TV. There is a tiny push-in-ON, push-in-OFF switch beside the TV mount in the bedroom, with a tiny green light that "turns on" the antennae, and sends a signal to the TV. VOILA´, I HAVE RECEPTION FOR APPROXIMATELY 50 CHANNELS just from the little roof antennae!!
Trying to put the panel back was another story !!
Mark
witchbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 10:04 PM   #6

I think what you have found with the push button green light is for the power booster for the antenna. You turn it off to hook up to cable tv.
BDenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 08:29 PM   #7

I hooked up a Furrion camera and it stayed on all the time. I was told it was only supposed to come on when the TV lights were on. I asked the dealer and found out it was wired incorrectly. It must be a common area on the trailers that get wired wrong.
iammoco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river, led, light, toy hauler, xlr