Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-15-2020, 11:04 AM   #1

2020 Hyperlite XLR 29HFS Schwintec Box Controller

Slide out stopped working on the left side (as your standing in the trailer facing the slide). Right side moves, Left stays put. The slide is in the trailer, not extended. Anyone know where the controller box might be located? I'm hoping not in one of the cabinets hidden by the slide. I am at work currently and have not tried pushing the IN button twice and then the OUT button. TIA
Old 12-15-2020, 12:51 PM   #2
Site Team

Maybe someone with your model will come along and let you know where the controller is located. In the mean time check the connector at the motor. There have been reports of the connectors coming unplugged.
Old 12-15-2020, 01:47 PM   #3

I'll take a look if I can get to the motors, but, from what I've been reading, access to the motors is from the outside and the slide is stuck at the in position, not extended.
Old 12-16-2020, 06:20 PM   #4

UPDATE: 2020 Hyperlite XLR 29HFS Schwintec Box Controller

Found Controller Box Location: Bottom right of the pantry cabinet behind the screwed in panel. If the slide is in the retracted position, good luck getting to it. I'll attempt to relocate it.

Luckily, as the DW was operating the slide switch, I lifted the left side and pushed out (not as easy as I make it out to be), it extended so I could get to the Controller. Reset it and it works, but, still uneven.

Rest of the story: Got ahold of FR XLR. Said it would be one of two places...1) Under the slideout area on the frame or 2) Under the panel in the bedroom on the drivers side. For No. 1: I told them the undercarriage is closed in due to the extended weather package. No. 2: Took off the bed panel and I found the inverter (at least I know where that is now).

The switches and light saga continues.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:35 AM   #5
Site Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know where the control box was and that you got the slide to work.

When extending and retracting the slide do you hold the button down a few seconds after it stops? That's how the instructions say to synchronize the slide motors.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #6

After I got the slide extended and reset the controller box, DW pushed the IN switch and as it came in, the left side was forward of the right side. As I was watching to see if it straightened, the DW yelled and let go of the switch. The right side at the top hit the top of the TV cabinet and broke a chuck off.

I extended the slide out completely. I stopped and did some research on line (FR Forum) as I didn't get a slide manual. I brought it in a few inches and back out a few times and yes, I did run the switch until the motors stopped. I then ran it in and out completely a few times and let it run until the motors stopped. It straightened itself out, but now the left side is higher that the right.

Bad story turns to good. Called FR XLR and spoke with Angie. I need to take it to a FR Dealer for warranty repair on the slide (it still isn't smooth running or straight) and for the damaged TV cabinet (bonus). Angie said the TV damage should not have happened and was due to the slide issue. 5 stars so far with this issue. I'll see how warranty goes.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:03 AM   #7
Site Team

Keep us informed how it goes.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:33 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Thanks for coming back and letting us know where the control box was and that you got the slide to work.

When extending and retracting the slide do you hold the button down a few seconds after it stops? That's how the instructions say to synchronize the slide motors.
yes that is correct count to 5 after it’s extended or retracted.
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 01:38 PM   #9

Old 12-17-2020, 01:40 PM   #10

Also, it has been 5 years since I bought this, but this is what Schwintek suggested I use on the "rails"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000P1E7ZS/
It may or may not still be the lube they recommend.

Tags
controller, lite, xlr