Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2020, 01:18 AM   #1

2021 Hyperlite XLR Solar Package HD Models

New to Forest River and XLR. I am hopefully taking delivery of a 2021 Hyperlite 3212 with every option except electric jacks in May assuming factory reopens on 5/4 as planned. Unit is ready to roll off the line few days after.

My question is, on the 190w Solar Package with Inverter, anyone know what exact inverter setup is used? More of a curiosity since the 2020 was limited to 30amp panel so assumed the 1500 watt Go Power inverter was used. Since the HD line now has 50 amp panel (can run both A/Cs off 5.5 Onan woohoo), I’m hopeful they jumped to IC 2000 unit that supports 50amp passthrough. However, thinking it’s more likely they are just powering 1/2 the 50amp panel.

On go powers website, the 190w solar package that seemed to fit the bill and pricing seems about on par with factory option so that is why I’m thinking they didn’t jump to bigger inverter. Anyone have a 2021 HD model with Solar package?
BacaraXLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:46 AM   #2

Honestly, since I'm on my second Toy Hauler with FR I've learned one thing about them. There is no rhyme or reason in their manufacturing. When you get your rig all the supplier data and install info is from them (Supplier). All the "Options" that came on my XLR Nitro doesn't tell you anything. Example "Solar Kit" = Nada Clue. Complained to service that my rear camera was wired to be On at all times. My Grey Wolf had same camera mount wired to only operate when trailer plugged into my Truck. Makes the most sense RIGHT? Wrong! My dealer wanted to charge me $75.00 because they looked into it and said it's suppose to be on all the time. (For monitoring when I'm setup. What the...) My $0.02 worth.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:43 PM   #3

Mine came with 160w solar and a 1000 watt inverter. As I understand that is normal. The inverter is an option and included if you get the residential refer.
graystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 08:54 PM   #4

Was able to get a little more info this weekend. Rep said it’s same unit as their 5er package, just single panel. So it should have IC2000 unit. They said since HD Hyperlite has 50amp service, it’s the IC2000 which offers 50amp pass thru.
BacaraXLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 02:21 PM   #5

I was wishfully hoping that the solar would come with the Charger/Inverter as mentioned above, but I just got my 2021 XLR 2815 and it did not come with a 2000W inverter charger. I also got the online support to eventually email me some pages that show all of the items they are using in the current models.

Though it is 50 Amp, they are only running part of the power though the inverter included with the solar package, and the power out of the inverter feeds the plug in outlet circuits as well as the tv power in the trailer, so there is some sort of sub panel .
skibum009 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, solar, xlr