Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-16-2014, 01:12 PM   #1

24HFS Diamond plate damaging dinette cushions

Wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what you did to fix it. When folding up the dinette cushions for loading the bikes in, the diamond plate that comes up the wall isn't a smooth transition to the wall itself and it is starting to cut into the dinette cushions. From what I can see, it does not look like the dinettes can be adjusted at all to be further off the wall, but maybe I am missing something. Can anyone shed some light? Thanks.
klarowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 08:27 AM   #2

Anyone?
Old 08-19-2014, 08:40 AM   #3

I have the 2014 24hfs,have not noticed if this is a problem.I will have a look at mine later today and see. My straps are adjustable and I have them as tight as they go.Will let you know what I find.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #4

Its only when actually folding it up. The cushion is so tight to the wall that it gets caught on the edge of the diamond plate while folding. The edge of the diamond plate is obviously sharp and is already starting to rip the cover...
Old 08-19-2014, 09:45 AM   #5

Oh, ok....I thought you were saying it rubbed while up.I know mine does not catch the diamond plate when I am putting it up or down.The only thing I can think of for you to do is put a strip of rounded moulding along the plate.This way the cushion will rub,not catch on the plate.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:16 AM   #6

I thought about that, but the cushion is so tight that I think it will rip off any kind of molding or anything I put there. I may have to go back to the dealer for a repair... I have a feeling it is mounted too close to the wall. It just sucks because the dealer is 3 hours away...