Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2017, 11:29 AM   #1

27HFS carb cleaning?

after sitting a handful of months in storage, i went up start up the Genny to run it for a bit. come to find out, it wouldnt start. i got starter fluid and it will start using that, but alas, it wont suck up any gas to continue running. i know theres gas in it, as i even dumped a fresh 5 gallons worth of 98 into the tank before hand. i thought i was going to avoid these issues by running a 50/50 mix of 93 ethanol free and 110 gas.

so i am going to guess i most likely need to at least clean the full bowl of the carb? or doest anyone think there might be more to the story? is there a fuel pump to the genny?
MotoCrazy808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 04:03 PM   #2

no one have the fuel gum up there generator yet? i just remembered when i went back to PA to visit my parents i wasnt able to use the fuel mix i wanted which is probably y i have my probelm now as to before i never did
Old 12-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #3

93 ethanol free is all you need. 110 is too hot. Are you getting spark? Remove the carb bowl and see what's in it.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 03:38 PM   #4

i agree, but its what i was using for my motorcycles and i didnt wnat to have another gas can just for the camper. so usually i would just dump whatever i had left into the camper...unfortunately i dont have ethanol free option at the pump anymore since i have moved to phoenix 6 months ago,or at least not that i have seen yet. closest so far is a place in the city that i can get a range of fuels, the best of being for this app is 98. just sucks because i really dont want to have to drive 45 min away all the time for the gas.

ANywho, i do have spark, it was running at the time of the post from th starter fluid. just not sustained. after messing with it that day and also spraying the crap out of it with carb cleaner down the intake as well i gave up that day. fast forward 3 weeks to yesterday, after givign the camper a good ole bath from the redicllous amount of dust that has formed on it from being in storage ( got to love the desert), i attempted after my second post to try and start it before attempting any kind of maintaince to try and fix it. i also dumped some seafoam in the tank. i figured it might find its way to the carb evenutually.

so when i hit the prime it was acutally quite enough outside to where i could actually hear the fuel flow, which i dont remeber or if i could hear the while in storage at the time of the first post. after the good prime i got it to start! yayyyyy me! i let it run for 30 min and also figured i only have a 1/4 tank of gas...even after i poured a good 4 gallons into(maybe it was just low on fuel instead of gummed up?), even though i swore i had a good amount of gas in it the last time i stored it.

later in teh day i got it back to storage and decided to start it up before discounnecting from teh truck and let it run until i was fully done disco'ing and putting covers on and alike. i got another 5 gallon can of 98 i may pour into with more seafoam at the end of the week as im taking it to st louis to pick up the family from the holidays and a bunch of crap. im sure by then most if not all the crap gas should be out and ill go back to once a month starting it up.

Tags
cleaning