Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2016, 02:05 PM   #1

29HFS tanks and weights

We recently ordered a 29HFS TH (which I believe is now called a sport utility travel trailer), but without the bed in the garage. The literature states a hitch weight of 1124 pounds, but I suspect that includes a bed so our hitch weight will likely be higher. We also ordered the 30 gal aux fuel tank, which I believe is below the garage somewhere. I'd like to do some weight estimating for all the various options without relying on scales. I asked FR about locations of all the tanks, but not gotten a response. Does anyone know the tank locations? Like how far is the center of the fresh water tanks from the center of the axles? Grey? black? Aux fuel? Something like the greywater tank is centered 1 foot forward of the center of the axles, aux fuel is 1 ft 6 inches ft behind the center of the axles.

Thanks in advance.
whr2nxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:07 AM   #2

W2N, if you PM me with your email address I can send you a spreadsheet calculator for a 29HFS.
Wolfwhistle

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 07:18 PM   #3

WW, thanks for the spreadsheet. Waiting on label weights of our TH, but this will give me some good base information. Think the certified scale people would weight the front and back wheel weights of my dual sport? Probably won't make much difference anyway.
whr2nxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by whr2nxt View Post
WW, thanks for the spreadsheet. Waiting on label weights of our TH, but this will give me some good base information. Think the certified scale people would weight the front and back wheel weights of my dual sport? Probably won't make much difference anyway.
W2N, your welcome; I hope it helps.

Do you mean weigh motorcycle? CAT scales won't be accurate for things that light. It might not move the "dial". I bet you could weigh a bike using a bathroom scale. For center of balance I just split the wheel base measurement, it isn't that critical.

Nothing can take the place of actually getting the rig weighed.

Weigh everything you will carry.
First - truck only (front on pad 1, rear on pad 2) Doesn't matter which scale pads you use.
Second - truck with camper and without WDH (truck front on pad 1, rear on pad 2, both trailer axles together on pad 3)
Third - I pull truck off the scale so front and rear trailer are on different pads (I questioned how well the balance was) this is not necessary normally.

I threw the WDH back on and backed up onto the scales for the forth

Forth - truck and trailer WITH WDH (placed the same as without WDH).

Also, it is not unusual to have a 100# variance in weight accuracy between the scale pads.

With the "Ques-tomater" that spreadsheet, you can then take those scale readings and predict the weights as you change the loads. I did this between trips to the scales and was very close to reality.
WW

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, weight