Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2015, 06:23 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
I've thought of adding a separator between supply and return on the lower AC unit... The width of the return vent slots and height about 6 / 7 inches... Made out of white aluminum... Round the corners that hang down. When in rapid cool it would be way more efficient.
yes another bogus set up but can't blame FR for that . i've only used the air once in MO at 90 and it worked best with the cold air dump open and still got some cool air through the vents . no telling how the duct work looks like up there but would think it's no different, cooling between the ceiling and roof more then the unit
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #22

and yes putting in a divider directing the air away from the return would help it work better
Old 05-13-2015, 01:58 AM   #23

I did check my hoses when I brought up the heater thing - gotta say FR has been on it calling at least once a week to try to get my unit in to correct - XLR management follow through is impressive - hopefully get it in after the holiday.

Get out and Play Harder😛

2016 XLR Hyper Lite 29hsf - loaded picked up 3-24-2015😊
2008 Can Am Spyder
Kite Boarding is my Addiction - GOT WIND!
Play Harder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 02:02 AM   #24

Great information and the pics really make a statement on how much more I need to do to get it winter worthy especially the undercarriage - Air tank too - thanks for the info

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 05-13-2015, 08:57 AM   #25

nothing they can do to fix the furnace . a larger one won't work much better just use more propane . I have had nothing but smartasses at FR . Pat Stratton stating it's only 1000 btu . none have been really helpful . settled to the 2nd yr warranty just to be done with them . of course pat sends a letter saying the 2nd yr only covers material and workmanship . not components . That's ok once I'm done with this unit i won't buy another FR product ,not because of the unit but because of FR and couches
Old 05-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #26

Keep posting pictures if we all show what's not acceptable hopefully it will change how they'll built - we have been in contact so I know what you have gone through.... Hopefully your getting settled for the summer and can start enjoying Yellowstone - what a great place to stay for the Summer

Get out and Play Harder😛

2008 Can Am Spyder
Old 05-13-2015, 01:19 PM   #27

PH
got most bugs worked out and then another pops up . right now dealing with the cable input . somethings not right there and need to find some time to pull covers and see WTF else is halfassedbackwards . seems i get the cable through the antenna outlet along with over the air , but nothing through the cable hook up

would love to see the underneath of your unit with the extreme weather package . my guess is it's not much and i'd wager the water lines are not insulated . i am in 30 degrees nights every night and the camper stays very warm now . with out any heat running i'm a good 20 degrees above outside temps
Old 05-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Did not reverse the air flow at all . using the heater in a way it was designed to be used . when you pull the cover off the furnace from the inside you will see that it's there to block the air flow and force it into the ducts on either side . i just removed the ducts and blocked the duct openings , this is the way it comes from the factory . the furnace can be used with the duct openings on either side or leave the duct covers in place and the front cover off and all the hot air comes straight out (the new louvered cover) sealing the front of the furnace and space between the cabinets so no hot air can go anywhere but out the front , leaving the duct work and vents in the unit intact but not connected to the furnace they act like cold air returns.(feeding the furnace the return air
the furnace draws in the cold air from the back side of the furnace cabinet .
the screened cover that comes stock used to allow the cold air in . When set up like this the cold air runs over the duct work causing more inefficiency in the way FR has it set up . they could use a good HVAC guy to show them how to set up the heating systems and cooling as well . since I've done this type work for the last 25 yrs or so I know I have a better understanding of this then FR does .

I'd like to see how you sealed it all off very interested in this

2014 xlr nitro 24fqsl
Chrism28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #29

As soon as I have some time hopefully in a couple weeks the bottom is coming off - will post -

I'm very interested to see what's there too
Old 05-13-2015, 06:57 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrism28 View Post
I'd like to see how you sealed it all off very interested in this

2014 xlr nitro 24fqsl

Sealed the front from the furnace to the cabinets with aluminum furnace tape
Old 05-13-2015, 08:20 PM   #31

Ok I have a different trailer but I'm sure it's the same set up

2014 xlr nitro 24fqsl
Chrism28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 09:32 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrism28 View Post
Ok I have a different trailer but I'm sure it's the same set up

2014 xlr nitro 24fqsl
guessing you're having the same issues with the furnace as far as air flow?

the duct fittings on the furnace twists off and you can do it from the inside the furnace cabinet . Seal the outlets, I used the aluminum tape a couple layers . same with around the cabinet opening , louvered cover [painted mine black] don't use the screened stock cover . blocks to much air , you need the louvered cover for max air flow

Tags
xlr