Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #1

415AMP-Where is the water pump?

I've troubles with my water pump. I found the pump after removing a 5 square-screw panel jus' behind the water closet connections.

The flex-hose connections were pinched apparently at assembly. I've ord'd new fittings.

Now if anyone wants to know where the water pump is on a 415amp this will be found in the archives. Oh, and the 100 amp WFCO converter is back in there as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0435.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	125077   Click image for larger version

Name:	s.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	125080  
Old 11-16-2016, 12:44 PM   #2

I pulled those panels out on my new 420AMP, just to look around. I was horrified at the mess of wires, hoses, etc. My plan next year is to re-route everything, and to relocate the water pump, converter, and transfer switch. I can easily free up a ton more space in there, minimum enough room for a large sized cooler. I will have to reframe the 2x2's and build new panels, but it will be worth it.
I would encourage anyone with one of these new XLR's to have a look back there and familiarize yourself with what is all back there. Its only a handful of screws to get the panels off.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:41 PM   #3

Hmmm...good idea REPO!
Old 11-18-2016, 10:42 AM   #4

Repo... This was one of the first things I did with my 417AMP I wanted to make sure I knew where the water pump was just in case and thought the same thing so I went through and made a second storage area for chairs and longer items (since it is not a complete pass through, but a good 4-5 feet of unused storage.

I am guessing the reason the area is blocked off is the concern of the plumbing being exposed, but if you aware of it you can utilize the extra space.

Dave
'16 417AMP
DC23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 11:45 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC23 View Post

I am guessing the reason the area is blocked off is the concern of the plumbing being exposed, but if you aware of it you can utilize the extra space.
I will redo all the divider walls, as I agree you don't want anything in storage coming in contact with the plumbing/electrical.

The part I didn't like, is that they didn't even try to keep the area a bit compact to be able to take advantage of the horribly wasted space. Also don't like how the water lines & electrical have been run. Just seems like a complete mess, with no regard to tying up wires or hoses, or to keep stuff from rubbing on each other. (p-clips are your friend!!!)
When I redo mine, I'll take before and after pictures. (but this won't happen until spring)
Old 11-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #6

An off season project

I did take down the wall as I was looking for my backup camera wiring. I agree that the whole mess can be cleaned up and compacted. The furnace ducting is the worst offender, it is all over the place. I will also see if I can reposition the wall and make a little bigger basement. I am thinking of mounting my inverter either back behind the wall or on the ceiling of the basement (underside of the bedroom floor). I am also thinking about a small accumulator by the water pump as long as I am in there.

Always something on the list.
Tractor Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 01:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Guy View Post
I am also thinking about a small accumulator by the water pump

Have you (or anyone else) done this before? I've been considering this myself. We have an accumulator in our house for our cistern pump so I know how they work. Just curious if a small one in an RV actually is worth the time/money? By that I mean does it actually make a difference?
Old 11-25-2016, 04:28 PM   #8

On a different thread, I have seen people mount small accumulators from Lowes by the pump. You can probably search and find the threads. It looks like quite a few have done this with just a 2 gallon, 8" by 11" accumulator.
Tractor Guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump