Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2014, 04:59 PM   #1

Blown Fuse or Breaker??

Hello everyone new to the site. I recently puchased a 2008 XLR 37x16 before purchacing this i went over it very closly ensuring everything worked (which it did) it had only been used 4 time by the previous owner it was in excelent shape. We have used twice in the last month no problems. After the last outing got it home cleaning it up and something happened. everthing was working fine we had just finished using the central vac put everthing away and noticed the microwave clock was out (It is plugged into the house) thought must have blew the breaker in the house check it all good?? I started checking other things the dinette fan / light, cental vac, tv's, microwave are no longer working.. Check all the breakers and fuses in the panel all is good. Start up the generator to see if the makes a diffrence still nothing??? What am i missing here? Any idea?
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 07:13 PM   #2

Sounds like your converter may be out. I am not familiar with your RV. Does your gen charge your house batteries?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Don't believe the converter has anything to do with the microwave. I would check and reset all the GFI outlets.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:40 PM   #4

That is odd that both the 12v and 110v systems would be affected isn't it? It would make me think the fault had to be somewhere at, or inline, of the main bus. Any possibility that the main breaker (while reset) has gone bad? I know it's not supposed to be able to reset if it is faulty, but I've seen them do it anyway because the internals were fried.

I'm supposing that you do have house batteries?

If not there I would be tracing my power lines feeding into the main bus backward. Don't know how many times I've found hidden fuses in my rig. Every time I think I know where they all are, I find another one.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:53 PM   #5

Thanks guys for the info. It is charging while pulled into the house. We are out camping right now just checking things here and there.
Old 08-25-2014, 05:21 AM   #6

Not sure about this model, but isn't everything mentioned 120Vac? If he has a 120Vac dinette light.. my old Jayco had them. I think you term "plugged into the house" is confusing. You mean you plugged your unit into "house" or "shore" power? RVs could have "house" batteries.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:16 AM   #7

Make sure that your house AC doesn't have a GFI in line somewhere, They do not like to work because of the GFI in your unit. Also check your main breaker in the trailer panel they do go bad or get weak. Also as OC said check all your GFI's in the trailer.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:02 PM   #8

Ok so i am still stumped on what is going on here, all the breakers seem fine and fuses are good. I have switched all the breakers off and on just to reset them. And in my orignal statement i said the microwave wasn't working i was mistaken it is still working while plugged in the house and when i start the generator. And when i say house i mean my accually mean my house. While plugged in into the house it is charging the batteries so that would lead me to believe that it isn't an inverter issue. Does any one nowhere the fuse / breaker is for the central vac is?? Any of the ones i see arent related to to any of the items i am having issues with.
Old 08-26-2014, 12:49 AM   #9

Well I got it figured out, feel a bit like a moron. It was the gfi outlet in the bathroom it was tripped. Everything is working good now, unsure of why that tripped but just happy everything is back to normal. That's for all help guys.
Old 08-26-2014, 02:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Well I got it figured out, feel a bit like a moron. It was the gfi outlet in the bathroom it was tripped. Everything is working good now, unsure of why that tripped but just happy everything is back to normal. That's for all help guys.
Tighten up all your ground screws, Sometime a lose screw in that circuit will cause it to trip.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
breaker, fuse