Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2018, 07:05 AM   #1

Cable TV Issues

Does anyone in the XLR Thunderbolt 340 amp group or other groups know where the hidden splitter is located. I have the antenna and cable splitter in the back with the little green light but there is another splitter in the camper somewhere. I have terrible tv or snowy tv and I've been told to look in bathroom vent, behind microwave, I've looked but not looking in right location. Can someone tell me where it might be so I can fix the snowy screen tv. Please HELP.

Thanks Tim Coltrain
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 09:20 AM   #2

If that little green light is on and you are trying to watch tv via campground cable thats the reason for the snowing reception turn the antenna amp off
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 11:09 AM   #3

Cable Scoop

When green button is on TV1 & TV2 & TV3 have perfect pictures.
When Direct Tv is connected to its connection point you have perfect Picture.

I don't always have clear antenna or clear shot of satilite. So I have to resort to cable. That is when green light is off. I have snowy tv's.

I have connected directly to each tv and have perfect cable tv. There is a second splitter somewhere that's giving me a problems. I have been told to look beside the vent in bathroom, I have been told to look behind microwave. I even look where the vent is above the tv. So far I have not found this splitter.

Tim in Flooded NC.
Old 09-15-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

I don't have the same 5'ver, but...

If you have a built-in AM/FM/CD/DVD player, you might find the spitter in the wall or cabinet behind it with the radio antenna hooked up to the splitter.

Mine was doing the same thing and the second I unplugged the radio antenna from that splitter...I got a perfect cable TV picture!

I have a marine antenna right now hooked up inside the cabinet, but plan on installing an outside-mounted AM/FM antenna sometime soon.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #5

Looking

I took radio down to see if there was another splitter, and I even for testing purpose disconnectected the radio antenna but no luck. I'm so frustrated. How can we build something without prints, without QC or quality control. Every camper should be tested to the fullest before it leaves the factory. I just don't understand why the industry don't shut camper sales down until they can resolve their quality issue's. Every camper sold should come with a 10 year warranty NOTHING out of pocket. Everytime I think my problems are solves another one pops up. Just saying. The only thing I was able to come up with is I connected to the satilite side from outside to run the living room TV, The other two TV's will have to be on Antenna if its available. The Bedroom TV t is just as important as the Living room tv is so snowy you can't see anything but black and white dots but you can hear it really well. Camper wins I loose.

Tim Coltrain
Old 09-15-2018, 08:19 PM   #6
Full-time 5'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Coltrain View Post
I took radio down to see if there was another splitter, and I even for testing purpose disconnectected the radio antenna but no luck. I'm so frustrated. How can we build something without prints, without QC or quality control. Every camper should be tested to the fullest before it leaves the factory. I just don't understand why the industry don't shut camper sales down until they can resolve their quality issue's. Every camper sold should come with a 10 year warranty NOTHING out of pocket. Everytime I think my problems are solves another one pops up. Just saying. The only thing I was able to come up with is I connected to the satilite side from outside to run the living room TV, The other two TV's will have to be on Antenna if its available. The Bedroom TV t is just as important as the Living room tv is so snowy you can't see anything but black and white dots but you can hear it really well. Camper wins I loose.

Tim Coltrain
The black coax is low capacity from your roof antenna for local broadcast only. Grey is for cable TV, white is G6 high capacity for SAT. After buying and installing a Winegard G2 satellite dish, and DIRECT TV HR24 reciever, i was only able to get a 60 to 70% signal on 16 of 32 transponders through the factory installed G6 coax. After spending hours on the phone with Winegard, I ran a direct G6 feed from the dish to the HR24 through a roof vent and bypassed the stock XLR 375AMP wiring. I was then able to get 90% signal on all 32 transponders. This proved that the signal was being compromised by a factory installed splitter. This was further proved by the two G6 SAT leads coming out of the wall behind the living room TV which have never worked. After spending hours on the phone with FR, they suggested pulling out the splitter from behind a fan cowling, and bypassing it with a barrel coupler. I pulled off 5 ceiling cowlings, and finally found a splitter behind fiberglass insulation in the garage bath fan cowling. For now, i have the satellite cable coming through a roof vent. It looks crappy. Why doesn't Forest River know that satillite signals cannot be split? The factory G6 coax wiring has done me no good.
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
mnolasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #7

Messed up

I was able to determine there is a Orange coax cable that runs from outside connection under floor up wall and straight back to the electrical splitter in garage. Beside the orange cable there is a gray cable that runs along it into the living room to feed satilite to that tv. There is a white cable that feeds the bedroom tv, there is another white coax that feeds the living room, and there is a white one that feeds the outside external wall tv. I talked to Bob E. who used to work at Forrest River asking for help. He told me to look in the bathroom at vent for splitter nothing, he told me to look in loft beside vent nothing, then he told me to look behind microwave nothing, I then on my own looked beside vent in living room nothing. I can't find this secondary splitter. I recon this will be a winter project and totally figure out and rewire the whole camper. I can't stand having this problem.

Tags
cable