Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2015, 03:34 AM   #21

Per my diesel tech at Ford..
Short drives are fine so long as you get the RPM up and get everything up to temp. Idling the newer diesels is not good, especially the 6.7.

I still have my issues with mine shuttering during regen from me sitting in too much traffic. Ford has a reprogramming fix but won't come out till first quarter next year.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:17 AM   #22

I think it's Howes fuel treatment is warrenty to come tow your truck if it gels. I run it and PS treatment. We did have diesel gel at Powhatan Point and moundsville area last year cause the "treated" fuel is just 10% kerosine added is my understanding. I would add a treatment to your tank and run most of the tank thru truck and add the next treatment and fill the tank. We always would gel in filters and lines near it. Millions of dollars company too cheap to add the treatment and we might get three or fours of work after changing filters adding treatment plus the 911 treatment which only is a one shot deal.

Most new truck have a block heater but they don't add the cord. Could check with a dealer. I bought my cord in Ohio and put the electric gel to prevent corrosion. Heard from the locals and it still works 3 years later where they said it would corrode in a year without it.

Treatment of fuel thru the system and full tank is the key. I drive mine almost daily so no help on batteries. The only time I will let my tank get below half is changing to different treatment brand if I find a good deal on different brand and I will run tank low when switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
arpipeliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 07:09 AM   #23

Thanks all. I'll let you know what I do.

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:10 AM   #24

Thanks for all the advice. I stored the trailer and truck until March 2016 in an enclosed and insulated building at our county fairgrounds. Only $35/month for the truck.

I put stabilizer in the full tank of diesel before I drove it down so it would get through the system. The TT was winterized but the facility manager said in the 31 years he worked there it has never frozen inside the buildings.

I disconnected the TT and truck batteries and left windows and vents cracked.

Now I'm sad...

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
breezyhillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel