Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #1

Electric Dinette/Bunk

I purchased a new 2012 Viper XLR Toy Hauler last fall and am getting ready to take out for the first time. I have an electric bunk and lower dinette benches in the back. My problem is I can't get the dinette seats to lower down to the floor far enough for the middle leg to touch the floor. The leg is about 3 inches from the floor. I noticed what looks like a stop mounted on one of the rails, should I removed this?
SueA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #2

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...her-39905.html
this may or may not help..
melk-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:39 PM   #3

If this is the same set up as mine, (when the bed comes down, the middle back rests fold over towards the wall to make a couch on either side and the table goes in the middle?) a buddy helped me with this.

we found where the electric stop switches were located and removed the mounting screws. then dropped the bed to the floor with the support legs down until they touched. Carefully measured where to drill new holes to put the switch and then re-mounted the stop switches so that when the bed was lowered to the floor with the supports down, it would stop at just the right height. This same process was repeated to get the bed/split dinette to go as far to the ceiling as it would go safely.

I had to modify the roof supports of my golf cart slightly to get it to go into the back but I now know that I have maximized the garage area as much as i can and know what will and will not fit. Another thing that I also did was the brackets that the bed actually screws into... I flipped those around and that gave me a few inches of rise toward the ceiling so i didn't have to mount the stop switches so high.

I hope this helps or gives you some insight as to what can be done to achieve the desired result.
Martins5547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:26 PM   #4

Thanks, that is great info. We also removed the stop switch but have not remounted yet as we wanted to take out this past weekend. We have a Polaris Ranger we are hoping to carry. We were thinking that we would have to temporarily remove the lower dinette to get it in. We will definitely try your suggestion about the brackets. Thank again I really appreciate your help.
SueA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #5

I got on here and started asking questions and received great answers. Just returning the favor, paying it forward.... all that good stuff. Enjoy.
Martins5547 is offline   Reply With Quote