Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2012, 02:28 AM   #1

fifth airborne and truck air bags

Well we traveled about 10,000 miles last year and this year we have added a fifth wheel air ride hitch and air bags on our 2011 f350 dually. it has made a big difference in the ride quality pulling the beast down the HWY. we are still unsure of what air pressure to run in each system, any ideas out there . We started at 70 lbs in fifth and 60 in truck , seems a lot better , we do realize there are a few adjustments available .Anyone have this set up we would appreciate some advice on air pressure on each system.The truck has in cab dual controller but the fifth is stop and air up or down
Old 03-08-2012, 04:34 AM   #2

I know on my 5th AB there is a line on the shock. This line shows the sweet spot for the system. For me it is between 65-70lbs. Can not help with the truck air bags.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 11:56 AM   #3

On my truck bags, I only use enough pressure to get the truck back to level.. although my 450 only sags about 1.5" when I drop the Mobile Suites on it (4200lbs of pin weight), I get a little drive line shudder if I don't get back to level... if memory serves me right, I add about 40-50lbs to get level. I have a AirSafe (4 airbag) Hitch in the truck so I can't speak to the 5th AirBorne

2010 XLR 25FKV
2010 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3
2013 Ford F150 XLT EcoBoost, Max Tow
2010 Can-Am Spyder RT-S, 2013 Victory Cross Country
Gypsybill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air bags