Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2019, 03:27 PM   #1

Flooring Repair/Replace

Still not sure about water issues, but will tackle that later. Now on to newer problems.
I have an issue with a motorcycle wheel chock that was installed backwards in my toy hauler, and when I had a near-accident panic stop, the chock slid forward and the bike came loose (even with straps) and the wheel chock BASE PLATE tore up the vinyl flooring in a small spot, approx. 8"X8". Now I'm trying to replace the torn area with a patch and I can't seem to locate any source for the flooring to match the rest of it.
Apparently when FR builds a camper of any style, they will build several of them with a varying degree of style changes inside, all with the same flooring, and it's installed before anything goes down onto the floor. When they run out of flooring, that pattern is done, and they move on to another pattern, so I've been told by "experts" @ a large RV dealer here in Central FL.
How the hell can you make a repair if there isn't any more flooring to be had? Even the big box stores don't carry the "sheet vinyl" anymore. I also have NO idea what the name of the flooring pattern is, nor any way to find out.

I'm probably going to end up ripping up the entire flooring and replace it with the new "snap-in vinyl planks" that can be bought in a very thin style, 6"-8"Wx4'L, with quite a few patterns of pretty nice colors and styles. It cuts super easy and goes down quite nicely according to the YouTube videos I've been watching.
Thanks All,
witchbiker
witchbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 08:39 PM   #2

Look inside your kitchen cabinets and under your bottom drawers. If you can cut a piece bigger than the repair it can certainly be patched.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, flooring, repair