Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #1

Found pool of water. At a loss

I have a 2012 Xlr 27fhs toy hauler. I went to charge the battery today and when i went inside there was water pooled up on the counter area at the foot of the queen bed in front where the tv sets. I checked everywhere and could not see water anywhere else nor where point of entry was. There were no signs of water trails. There is a window just to the right of the ares to the left of the door but again i do not see that as the entry point. I looked under the bed storage area and again nothing. I have no idea where the water is coming from and am at a loss where to start to fix this before it gets worse. I have been camping a few times before in heavy rain and never had an issue with leaking. The trailer has been sitting leve and not used now for about 2 months. Does anyone have a clue where this might be coming from and what needs to be done to fix it. There are no water stains anywhere in the camper to trace the leak to its origin. I am amazed and dissapointed that there is a leak in such a new trailer with so little use. Thank you in advance for any help i recieve on this problem.
jckelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:14 AM   #2

Is your bath on the opposite wall?
Plug32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #3

On my old camper it came down the antenna wire. I had to reseal around it on the roof.
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:44 AM   #4

Check your window! See if there is water in the window well. If so it's the outside seal or weep hole drains are plugged
Plug32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:25 AM   #5

The same thing happened in our 5er a few years ago. Ours is a 2009 model. Never did find out where the water came from and it never happened again. I always look tho'.
Pipeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #6

Leak

Had a puddle of water in a closet, after a rain storm. This was the first time we used the antenna for the television. When we were positioning the antenna, we moved it around, and the wire for it was pulled too much. Put the antenna down for the rest of the trip. When we arrived home, a trip up the ladder revealed the problem. We put the antenna in its normal storage position, and sealed the wire where it entered the trailer. We decided we did not need the television any more, as I was not going to mess with the wiring in the trailer. We have a 2012, 2109S, Rockwood Mini-Lite.
I did not have to get on the roof of the trailer as the antenna wire is next to the edge of the roof.
robert elling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #7

My first thought would be the marker light is leaking allowing water inside the wall and running down the curved front wall to some point where it is leaking inside. Check there closely.
meandmylabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Is it under the bedroom air conditioner air handler?

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ide-14154.html
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ac leaks.pdf (199.5 KB, 34 views)
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #9

Just want to say thank you to everyone with there replies. I got up on the roof today and noticed some cracking in the sealent around some areas where it might be coming in so i resealed everything i could find including where the antenna wire goes in. Im thinking i might have solved the problem so i will just have to wait and see after we get some rain. I will keep you posted.
jckelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
10x

I believe I saw a post on antenna seals that leak. Maybe some else knows about it and can post it?

Tags
water