Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2023, 09:43 AM   #1

Furniture Question

For all of you who have gone through worn furniture. The funiture coming apart because of it being made of poor quality. I'm a leather person. But for you who have used leather but switched to cloth in a camper. Are you pleased or is it tit for tat. For me leather is easier to clean, where as cloth gets dirty quicker I think and is alot harder to clean as far as staining. Did you switch to cloth and regretted it or and wished you had stay leather. Its ok give me you good and bad thoughts. I hate the idea we use our camper for 5 years and the funiture is falling apart and we don't even live in it full time. I take care of it, it stays under shelter, I keep the moisture out, I keep it warm during winter months. I do everything to help take care of it and now I have to spend $3000 to replace. Funiture should have lasted 10 or more years.
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 10:00 AM   #2

In addition to

For you whom have purchased from RecPro were you satisfied with the product or felt you wished you went with something else or someone else.
Old 03-25-2023, 10:44 AM   #3

We had our dinette seats recovered with marine upholstery. It's kind of like leather but thicker and will hold up better then fabric.
We just had the seat bottoms re-done since the back cushions (fabric) are still in really good shape.
The seat coverings look really good, not much feel difference when sitting. Easy to keep clean.
I think the pricing was good for 2 seats, a little under 400.00.
LivingToCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 11:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Coltrain View Post
For all of you who have gone through worn furniture. The funiture coming apart because of it being made of poor quality. I'm a leather person. But for you who have used leather but switched to cloth in a camper. Are you pleased or is it tit for tat. For me leather is easier to clean, where as cloth gets dirty quicker I think and is alot harder to clean as far as staining. Did you switch to cloth and regretted it or and wished you had stay leather. Its ok give me you good and bad thoughts. I hate the idea we use our camper for 5 years and the funiture is falling apart and we don't even live in it full time. I take care of it, it stays under shelter, I keep the moisture out, I keep it warm during winter months. I do everything to help take care of it and now I have to spend $3000 to replace. Funiture should have lasted 10 or more years.

Tim I replaced my dinette with a flex steel Rv furniture hides bedbed couch and it is a leather lookalike and I love it
Petersb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:00 PM   #5

We purchased a love seat recliner set from recpro a few years ago. It is the "pleather" kind of crap. It is peeling off in globs now so we just purchased a clothe cover set. Functionally it works great.

Marty
Old 03-30-2023, 08:25 PM   #6

Thanks for input. Something to think about.

Tags
question