Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #1

Gas Grill line from camper

Has anyone used the gas line that runs underneath the camper? I assume it's for a grill or cooker. If so what adapter did you need to use it on your grill or cooker? Thanks
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
FandRChambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:48 PM   #2

Gas connector worked fine with the grill included with the A-frame, but I prefer to cook at the picnic table as the dogs are too tempted when attached to the camper. I could not find an adaptor so the stove could use the small propane bottles so I sold the stove and bought a new Coleman grill like I had previously with my pup (should have just kept it, but didnt know this would happen). I did not care for the extra shelf in the included grill either, just in the way of my pots.
DobeFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:09 PM   #3

Thanks DobeFanatic, I'm trying figure out what gas line/adaptor to purchase so I can use the quick connect gas line that runs from the camper. I normally use charcoal but I have a small gas grill to use for quick stuff. I rarely use my stove inside. Rather be outside.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 10-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #4

I cook outside too, especially if frying. Home Depot suggested I could check with U-Haul as they might have various connectors since they sell propane/didn't do that, and didnt find much on internet. I like the Coleman as I can grill or use a pan on it and it's light weight, has two burners, closes like a suitcase/ little propanes last all week for me.
DobeFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #5

That's the exact grill i have. I just bought it, for the exact reasons you mentioned. I would rather hook into the quick connect line, so I don't have to keep buying those little bottles.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 10-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #6

Hello,

I think there have been a few posts on this that I remember seeing but, I couldn't find the exact one.

The important thing to remember is that grills that use the small propane canisters will have a regulator. The quick disconnect line is already regulated as it is fed from the onboard propane tanks.

Some grills you can remove the regulator. If you can't remove the regulator you will need to somehow install another control valve for the grill.

Basically you will need the following:

1. http://www.amazon.com/Camco-57274-Co...+control+valve

2. Camco 57280 39" RV Quick-Connect to Quick-Connect LP Gas Hose : Amazon.com : Automotive

The gas control knob will control the gas flow without using the regulator and the extension line is just that. It will get your line from the camper further away.

Obviously, I don't know your exact setup but, that might get you closer to the ballpark. The main thing is that your grill has a regulator on it most likely and the quick disconnect line is already regulated. Another way to think of it is that the grill is high pressure and the quick disconnect is low pressure.

Hope it helps somewhat.
Flagstaffer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FandRChambers View Post
Has anyone used the gas line that runs underneath the camper? I assume it's for a grill or cooker. If so what adapter did you need to use it on your grill or cooker? Thanks
Keep in mind that gas line is low pressure..............
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:59 PM   #8

Awesome info, thanks Flagstaffer06 for the links. I think all I need is the line. My coleman does not have a regulator on it, just high/med/low knob. So the Rv quick connect gas hose should work for me. I will try wal-mart or a rv store since I'm headed out in a couple of days. No time to wait for anything to be shipped. I appreciate the info. These sites, and forums are priceless!!
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 10-22-2012, 12:30 PM   #9

Unless Colman did a major redesign in the last few months, the control knob has a built in regulator and can not connect to the LP line on the camper.

I tried to modify the controller but was never able to get the gas flow right and ultimately purchased an RV ready type BBQ. I had a 15' extention made up at a local LP shop so I can use the grill on the picnic table. (simular to: 57280 39" RV Quick-Connect to Quick-Connect LP Gas Hose : Amazon.com : Automotive)

btw the RVQ works way better than any other Portable gas bbq that I've used in the past and much easier to keep clean.
SimchaSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #10

Ok thanks. Wish i had known that beforehand. Oh well guess i will use a regular tank, ir the small cans.
2002 EZGO Golf Cart
Old 10-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #11

This is what I use. It attaches to the RV propane tank and allows the BBQ to bi-pass the trailer regulator and uses the BBQ regulator ( higher BTU ).

RV motorhome LP Tee for Two Adapter Type 1 Acme x 1" 20 Male Propane Kit | eBay
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:43 PM   #12

Awesome. Thanks
2002 EZGO Golf Cart