Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #1

Cool HDMI Cable/305V12 Viper

Hello all,

Just a couple of questions, I have a HDMI cable in my Garage going into the wall, What does it do and where does it go?? I put a tv in the garage, hooked up the HDMI thinking I could see the movie from the other room. The TV's all work and are looking good. I have a SSL 445 in the living room and a standard SSL radio/USB/Aux in the garage. Are they tied together somehow??

Also, the USB on my Multi media center and garage radio, I take it that you can't connect your USB to your iphone?

Thanks,
Plug32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #2

Got it, We traced the HDMI cable from the garage all the way up front to the main TV. Then my 17 year old chimed in,"OH!! That's so I can play XBOX" And that is all it took, So he is sitting in the RV in front of the house right now playing shoot em up with his buddies on XBOX. Great!!!

Old 03-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #3

Lol... Gotta love the great outdoors!!! Nature and Xbox
showtime0022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 PM   #4

We have the 395amp, and have the same setup...have then hdmi cable plus a few RCA cables coming out of the wall in the garage. Can see the movie witch is playing up front in the living room, but can't get any sound in the garage through the tv or through the rear stereo? Any suggestions?
BHVRODR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plug32 View Post
Got it, We traced the HDMI cable from the garage all the way up front to the main TV. Then my 17 year old chimed in,"OH!! That's so I can play XBOX" And that is all it took, So he is sitting in the RV in front of the house right now playing shoot em up with his buddies on XBOX. Great!!!

I should have had your son give me lessons on the Genesis system.......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:54 PM   #6

Are you using the HDMI for the TV or the RCA cables?

HDMI carries the audio signal as well. RCA cables have 1 video and 2 audio connectors.

RCA may be for AUX input not output. If you have it HDMI and no sound is playing thats most likely a settings issue with the entertainment hub. I had it happen with my TV once and it turned out that the receiver for the cable was setup to send audo seperately through another cable. I had to change the settings to send audo through HDMI on it and it started working.
halibut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #7

I will have to play with it again, can't remember for sure but I think it was the hdmi that was giving me the picture but no sound,I will also check the settings on the entertainment receiver. Thanks for the info!
BHVRODR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHVRODR View Post
We have the 395amp, and have the same setup...have then hdmi cable plus a few RCA cables coming out of the wall in the garage. Can see the movie witch is playing up front in the living room, but can't get any sound in the garage through the tv or through the rear stereo? Any suggestions?
Lets see, I believe the RCA cables may be pre amp output. Do you have a stereo and is it set to Aux 1 or Aux 2 ? We had to play with ours for days. Also make sure your speakers are switched inside and on. Try that and let's me know
Old 03-31-2013, 03:34 PM   #9

Quote:
I will have to play with it again, can't remember for sure but I think it was the hdmi that was giving me the picture but no sound,I will also check the settings on the entertainment receiver. Thanks for the info!
Now, here is another tick. I tried to hook up my satellite radio with the home antenna and dock. Well no sound, come to find out the aux port in front of the radio is what controlled the sound. I bought an Aux cable and it worked, I can also play my iTunes thru the radio. I'm getting to old.. Aux port, hdmi RCA. Too crazy... LOL
Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #10
Owner - RVtronics

Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields
Quote:
While the GT3 indeed send video to the TV and has the CAPABILITY to send audio, we do not. The audio stays with the GT3 for playback through the surround sound speakers.
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote