RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greydragon View Post
I have a similar problem, it's just with the outside tv, it is snowy if it is the only TV on. Is there an antena for the outside tv that is different from the inside?
No.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:20 PM   #62
ENE

Bubbles, I have an outside operate home antenna that's rated 150 miles. I attache it to my trailers ladder and it extends 7ft about the trailer's roof. I can pickup channels from Mars : )
ENE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:31 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENE View Post
Bubbles, I have an outside operate home antenna that's rated 150 miles. I attache it to my trailers ladder and it extends 7ft about the trailer's roof. I can pickup channels from Mars : )
That's great but I took the question as whether there is a separate antenna already installed for the outside TV alone.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 06:46 PM   #64
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greydragon View Post
Is there an antena for the outside tv that is different from the inside?
No, unless you or a previous owner installed one.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:12 AM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhooker View Post
We had similar issues in a KZ a few years ago.

Move your cable boxes from your house out to the fiver. Call your cable company and request service for your cable, describe the issue.

Our cable company (Spectrum) sent out a nice technician with quality testing tools. He was able to identify a section of coaxial cable that was bad and screwing up all the TVs in the coach. Replaced that one section of wire and all the issues went away. I did the replacement by running the new wire under the trailer above the chloroplast. This solution worked well for us perhaps your cable provider can help you here. He told us that occasionally coaxial wire fails without reason and the HD digital signals are particularly susceptible.
Tim,

I read with interest the problem(s) youíve faced thus far with your RVís television cabling system. I did what "redhooker" suggested above.

When at home, the Wildcat sits next to the house feeding off a power pedestal that includes cable hookup. My service provider, Brighthouse/Spectrum, considers this as part of our home network. He found issues I would not have thought; loose fittings, cable sections frayed from the framework, a faulty amplifier, the list goes on. This on my then new Wildcat.

George G. Fries

2016 Wildcat 29RLX
2015 RAM, 2500 Crew, 6.4L
4 X 4, Single, 4.10 Rear
GeorgeFries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:39 PM   #66

Cable Troubles

Thanks for all responses.

I will keep digging and keep all posted.

thanks tim
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
reception, tv reception