Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2018, 11:52 AM   #1

Hyper lite 29hfs solid step vs morryde steps

Hi Everybody, I don't know if this topic has already been covered or not, so if it has I will apologize now. I am looking to install a solid step system on our 2015 Ultra Lite 29 HFS. The two options that look like they will work best are the Lippert Components which has three steps, and the MORryde Step Above which has two steps. Has anyone installed these units and how do you like them?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Steve R
stevrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 12:40 PM   #2
Always Learning

Forever and always- choose anything that is NOT Lippert.
Old 01-30-2018, 01:54 PM   #3

I chose Moryde. Great step.
Rdeejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:46 AM   #4
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevrob View Post
That's a pretty tough thing to do these days. I'm guessing 3/4 of the components in my trailer is Lippert. If you're buying Forest River, you're going to get Lipppert.
It's with most brands, but I still replace the Lippert crap any chance I get.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:49 AM   #5

Yes I agree, I try to do the same. But in this case ACE Hardware doesn't have R.V. steps, so I'm kinda stuck. To that end....how bad can steps be anyhow. I'll probably live to regret asking that...
Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 AM   #6

The only thing I didn't like about the MORryde steps in my case was they only had the 2 step option for my trailer. If we are in a space that isn't very level (which we ran into last summer in the Black Hills) two steps can be a tricky situation. As crazy as it sounds, I'm going with the Lippert because of the 3 step option.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevrob View Post
The only thing I didn't like about the MORryde steps in my case was they only had the 2 step option for my trailer. If we are in a space that isn't very level (which we ran into last summer in the Black Hills) two steps can be a tricky situation. As crazy as it sounds, I'm going with the Lippert because of the 3 step option.
I have the 2018 Hyper Lite 30HDS and they offered the adrenaline package which includes the 3 step with adjustable legs on each side for uneven ground. The steps fold up into the door way. I was not offered that but looking into it now. I'm pretty sure they come with the lippert steps but Moryde offers the same ones. I have the part number from FR if anyone needs it. They get mounted to the door way threshold. Hope that helps.

Tank
Tankmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:37 PM   #8
J&E Grandpa

Question Lippert Solid Step vs MorRyde StepAbove

Has anybody done the research on the pros and cons between the Lippert Solid Step vs. MorRyde Step Above. I don't care if it’s the 2, 3 or 4 step models. Looking at them for my 2015 Salem Hemisphere Lite 214RL

Thanks
Mike
mflummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 01:41 PM   #9

Morryde Steps

I just bought a new Cherokee 274RK and it came with the Morryde steps. They are solid and I really like them. Ours is the 3 step version and the feet are on a diagonal. At the RV show last week, I saw that the 2 step version has vertical feet which intrigued me. Since the diagonal feet stick out a bit, I am wondering if the vertical feet would fit on my 3 step to eliminate potential tripping on the ones that I have. Still searching for an answer. In any case, I think they are great!
Grouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 02:12 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflummer View Post
Has anybody done the research on the pros and cons between the Lippert Solid Step vs. MorRyde Step Above. I don't care if it’s the 2, 3 or 4 step models. Looking at them for my 2015 Salem Hemisphere Lite 214RL

Thanks
Mike
That's easy: Lippert sucks.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
That's easy: Lippert sucks.
I'm new to RVing I don't know Lippert or Moryde except what came in my Hyper Lite. Do you have any info on why Lippert sucks. Any info helps because I'm in the process of choosing a set of steps. So besides price I would like to hear from people who know the products. Thanks

Tank
Old 01-31-2018, 02:31 PM   #12
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankmaster View Post
I'm new to RVing I don't know Lippert or Moryde except what came in my Hyper Lite. Do you have any info on why Lippert sucks. Any info helps because I'm in the process of choosing a set of steps. So besides price I would like to hear from people who know the products. Thanks

Tank
Tank, you'll find that Lippert is prolific in the industry- they make steps, frames, jacks, control panels, slides, you name it.

What I've found is that typically their products aren't well tested nor do they perform the task at hand well. Take their tongue jacks- often they're slow, noisy, and prone to water intrusion which renders them useless. Their slideout system (Schwintek) will provide you with a lifetime of reading on the problems they have - worse, there's no manual override so you can't use a drill or any kind of mechanical means to get them in. Lippert's solution: disconnect motors and push like a heck (and even then- you often have to remove the motor to get the slide to move)!

Lippert is prolific and you can't avoid them OEM. But whenever I'm given a chance to replace a Lippert part with a non-Lippert part, I take it.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflummer View Post

Thanks
Mike
The only thing I have run into is the threshold height on my 29HFS does not work with installing the MORryde steps. MORryde requires 5/8" to 3/4" threshold thickness where as my threshold is only 1/2" high. If I raise the threshold height then I loose the proper gap between the threshold and the bottom of the door. Personally I prefer the Lippert design because the top step is wider which should make it a bit more safe.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch View Post
I just bought a new Cherokee 274RK and it came with the Morryde steps. They are solid and I really like them. Ours is the 3 step version and the feet are on a diagonal. At the RV show last week, I saw that the 2 step version has vertical feet which intrigued me. Since the diagonal feet stick out a bit, I am wondering if the vertical feet would fit on my 3 step to eliminate potential tripping on the ones that I have. Still searching for an answer. In any case, I think they are great!
I think the difference is the brand of steps. In my research I found that the Lippert steps have the vertical feet. The Moryde have the diagonal feet.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:31 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Tank, you'll find that Lippert is prolific in the industry- they make steps, frames, jacks, control panels, slides, you name it.

What I've found is that typically their products aren't well tested nor do they perform the task at hand well. Take their tongue jacks- often they're slow, noisy, and prone to water intrusion which renders them useless. Their slideout system (Schwintek) will provide you with a lifetime of reading on the problems they have - worse, there's no manual override so you can't use a drill or any kind of mechanical means to get them in. Lippert's solution: disconnect motors and push like a heck (and even then- you often have to remove the motor to get the slide to move)!

Lippert is prolific and you can't avoid them OEM. But whenever I'm given a chance to replace a Lippert part with a non-Lippert part, I take it.
Thanks for your explanation of your reasoning. It makes more sense coming from someone who has had experience with the types of products. Not like anyone just saying I don't like this brand or that brand without reasoning. Since your explanation and advice it looks like I'm going to try to order the Moryde 3 step. I appreciate your advice and will be seeking it in the future.

Tank
Old 01-31-2018, 09:11 PM   #16

Tankmaster, maybe you should take a look at the classifieds on here. esmoglo has a set for free. Maybe the two of you could work something out on shipping. Just a thought! Good luck and Happy RVing!
2012 HD Street Glide
2008 Honda FSC600 Silver wing
hdmtnrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:44 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdmtnrider View Post
Tankmaster, maybe you should take a look at the classifieds on here. esmoglo has a set for free. Maybe the two of you could work something out on shipping. Just a thought! Good luck and Happy RVing!
Thanks I saw that. I have those similar steps only two. I'm looking at getting the 2 or 3 steps from Moryde. They have adjustable legs that go to the ground. They are more stable. Again Thanks for the heads up

Tank
Old 02-27-2018, 07:51 AM   #18

Does anybody Have the part number for the MoRide steps for the 29hds?
Jr.Flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 08:10 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.Flowers View Post
You have to go on the MORRyde website and go to the page they call the qualifier. You need some measurements from your toy hauler. ForestRiver gave me the part number for the Lippert ones but I’m going with MORRyde. I have the 30HDS

Tank
Old 02-27-2018, 08:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr.Flowers View Post
The OEM MORryde steps are not available as an aftermarket item. Which I don't understand why. Go to MORryde's website you will need to take two measurements and get door size off of decal in the door jam. This will get you the model number you need.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite