Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 09:46 PM   #1

Inverter location on 2015 375AMP?

Where is the inverter located in the 2015 375AMP model?
Eodsampson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:02 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Respectively Does it even have one?
Most 5th wheels and tt's do not come with an inverter.
Do you mean converter?

I just looked at the options and I do not see an inverter listed as std or optional equipment.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:06 PM   #3

Residential fridge with a dedicated pure sine wave inverter

Yes. It has an inverter and a converter. The converter is behind the breaker panel. The inverter is hiding somewhere. I have the attic package, or whatever it's called, with underbelly insulation. I do not have access to the underbelly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
Respectively Does it even have one?
Most 5th wheels and tt's do not come with an inverter.
Do you mean converter?

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
Old 06-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I see a lighting package and an accelerator package and neither list an inverter.
Was it dealer installed?

TURBS
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eodsampson View Post
Yes. It has an inverter and a converter. The converter is behind the breaker panel. The inverter is hiding somewhere.
I'm going to agree with Turbs. Unless you have installed an inverter yourself, it doesn't come with one. Your reefer will only work when plugged into shore power or generator.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 10:21 PM   #6

Residential fridge off tow vehicle

I am waiting a reply from FR on what's going on. The fridge should be on and using its dedicated inverter as the coach gets 12v continuously. The tow vehicle has a 220 amp alternator and maintains whatever the fridge uses. It makes no sense that I can't have food in the fridge unless I run the generator while moving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
I'm going to agree with Turbs. Unless you have installed an inverter yourself, it doesn't come with one. Your reefer will only work when plugged into shore power or generator.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eodsampson View Post
The fridge should be on and using its dedicated inverter as the coach gets 12v continuously. The tow vehicle has a 220 amp alternator and maintains whatever the fridge uses. It makes no sense that I can't have food in the fridge unless I run the generator while moving.
12v is supplied by your converter when plugged in, and by your battery/ies when you are not.

An inverter supplies 110v current from your battery/ies and doesn't have anything to do with 12v operation. If you DO have one installed you should be able to follow the battery cables to it. You should also have a remote panel where the inverter can be turned on and off... if one is installed.

It's possible your dealer had one installed at your request, but with residential fridge setups it's pretty much par for the course to have to be plugged in or running your genny. It takes a fairly large battery bank to run a residential fridge.

As far as the alternator.. you're putting off 12v DC current that is routed to the converter to supply 12v power to your rig and to charge your battery/ies.
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 06:00 AM   #8

12v = battery

The converter takes shore power and generator power and turns it into workable 12v for some items in the coach.
The inverter receives continuous 12v because that's what the batteries are. Unless people are putting different battery setups, I think we are talking about the same thing.

As for tracing wires, the inverter remote switch is mounted to an actual wall, not a false one. I am attempting to find an easy answer as to the location so I don't ruin my 2 week old $70k retirement asset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarome View Post
12v is supplied by your converter when plugged in, and by your battery/ies when you are not.

An inverter supplies 110v current from your battery/ies and doesn't have anything to do with 12v operation. If you DO have one installed you should be able to follow the battery cables to it. You should also have a remote panel where the inverter can be turned on and off... if one is installed.

It's possible your dealer had one installed at your request, but with residential fridge setups it's pretty much par for the course to have to be plugged in or running your genny. It takes a fairly large battery bank to run a residential fridge.

As far as the alternator.. you're putting off 12v DC current that is routed to the converter to supply 12v power to your rig and to charge your battery/ies.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #9
XLR Production

If you ordered the residential refer with inverter it is located in the front pass through behind the felt covered panels
bulletbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:56 PM   #10

I see several models, motorhomes and 5th wheels now coming with residential refrigerators, this gives you a large fridge, but you better have good batteries (emphasis on plural!). Also, no option to run on LP gas. Not an ideal set up for boon-dockers, doable but not ideal.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter, location, cat