Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2011, 06:44 PM   #1

Leaky Frameless Window

• I just recently purchased a Forest River XLR toyhauler
  • I have a leaky front frameless window
  • Dealer has not replied to my request for the gasket needed to repair the window
  • If this leak is left go it will result in damage to the carpet and the subfloor
  • I feel that I am more than qualified to make this repair myself, if supplied with the necessary gasket
  • I purchased my XLR in Cincinnati, but live north of Pittsburgh, PA and their are no dealers in this area
  • Harry Dillaman
  • 1835 West Sunbury Road
  • West Sunbury, PA 16061
  • hwing95@zoominternet.net
  • 724-637-2468
Hwing95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:31 PM   #2

toyhauler model

Forest river Company makes a LOT of different things... Try and figure out what division made your toyhauler and contact them by e-mail and maybe phone ..good luck !!
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:58 PM   #3

Thanks for your reply, but don't understand divisons
Old 04-23-2011, 11:11 PM   #4

what he meant by divisions - like rockwood division, surveyor division, shamrock division and wildwood and so on - Forest River makes many diffrent brands of trailer

I agree on calling the factory and ask for some one in warranty claims for your particular model and go from there
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:04 AM   #5

divisions

My trailer is a puma palamino ,, Forest river is the parent company, when i needed a part for my trailer i contacted Puma palamino.. not forest river..
dretired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 AM   #6

I would thank all you members and owners for your help. I will contact the divison that made my XLR Toyhauler and go from there. Again,Thanks-Harry
Old 04-24-2011, 09:18 AM   #7

As far as I know, Any dealer which sells any brand of a Forest River Parented RV's can do warranty claims, if they choose to. A rockwood dealer can fix a Surveyor etc ... The factory will make the necessary knowledge and aprts available and guide them on repairs. They do not have the be selling that particular sub division of RV's to be able to work on them.

That is what I was told and heard from other dealers. So if the are any dealers at all in your area which sells any Forest RIver product, you should be able to approach them and ask if they can help you.

If you bought from Jeff Couch, they would be happy to put you in touch with the warranty administrator when you are in a bind like this. I could not get any dealer work on my unit and I was routed to the factory and happily lived ever after
Old 04-27-2011, 11:37 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hwing95 View Post
  • I just recently purchased a Forest River XLR toyhauler
  • I have a leaky front frameless window
  • Dealer has not replied to my request for the gasket needed to repair the window
  • If this leak is left go it will result in damage to the carpet and the subfloor
  • I feel that I am more than qualified to make this repair myself, if supplied with the necessary gasket
  • I purchased my XLR in Cincinnati, but live north of Pittsburgh, PA and their are no dealers in this area
  • Harry Dillaman
  • 1835 West Sunbury Road
  • West Sunbury, PA 16061
  • hwing95@zoominternet.net
  • 724-637-2468
The XLR factory warranty number is 574-975-0292.
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #9

Hi Everyone, I contacted the XLR factory rep.and will be receiving the part needed in 2-days.thank you all for your help in this matter.Fellow campers one this site are a great bunch.Thanks Again,Harry
Old 06-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #10

I would imagine that your dealer in Cincinnati was Jeff Couch's. I bought from them as well and emailed them about the exact same issue...i think the gasket on one of my windows is missing.

I will try the factory warranty # tomorrow and see if they can do the same for me and send me the gasket needed.
popik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:45 AM   #11

Hi , My window also had a small gap between the glass and where it glues to the internal frame. I ran a small bead of silicon sealer around the window where they are glued and the leak stopped.The opening for my window was cut quite large and care must be taken when installing the window into the opening so the gasket will fill the gap around the entire perimeter.