Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2014, 08:19 AM   #1

Lippert Slide Controller location

Hi, does any of you nice 24HFS, 27HFS, or 29HFS owners know where the slide controller is? No problems, just thought I should know where it is, in case I do have a problem.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 05:05 PM   #2

Side of the sink cabinet
Gustavomontoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 08:06 AM   #3

Thanks G!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 07-19-2015, 10:00 PM   #4

Just an update, we found our controller for 2014 29 xlr to be under the slide, attached to the frame and behind a black cover. We had problems with our slide and it took us 2 hours to find the controller, figure out the problem then override the system to get the slide in so we could head home on our 9 hr drive. Found out when we got home it was just bad connections to the resetable fuses! Wow! A piece of advice, don't bother calling your salesman, call a rv mechanic. We wasted a lot of time calling the dealer (it was a Sat.), with no techs available, and the salesman really doesn't know enough to help you in a pinch! We are very lucky to have a neighbor/friend who is a tech for a Forest River Dealer. He talked us through the process of overriding the system and direct jumping from a battery to bring the slide in. By the way, we have no manuals at all on the Lippert systems. The main manual for the camper gives instructions for a manual crank system that we don't even have!! Not very useful!! Finally found them on their website today. Need to print them off so we have something in the camper, we don't always camp where there is cell signals. Another piece of advise, do your research now, find your controller, don't wait till you are packing up for a long drive home and your slide is dead to start looking!!
Campingchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:40 AM   #5

WW, I can tell you for sure on the 29HFS it is in a black plastic box attached to the outside of the trailer frame under the slide.
DennisTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 06:00 AM   #6

Thanks CC and DTD. I see the black box below the slide. I better find and print the instructions you mention. I saw something about how to disengage the motor drive that allows manually pushing in the slide. I wondered what would keep the slide from sliding out while on the road. I suppose that method would be if the drive system fails(?)

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 07-20-2015, 09:16 PM   #7

WW, you would only use that method if both motors failed. Our neighbor said to avoid messing with those motors if you can help it. Even if there is no power going to the controller (which ours did not), there is a way direct jump the controller with a battery to get your slide in (that's what DH had to do). If you had to disengage the motors, then after the slide was in you would have to make a brace and place on top of slide to keep it from coming back out while traveling. Quite the learning experience!
Old 07-20-2015, 09:24 PM   #8

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I uses ratchet straps to hold our slide in when it broke. Tied the two opposing slides together. It is what I had available at the time.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:02 AM   #9

Thanks!

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 07-21-2015, 01:25 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Thanks CC and DTD. I see the black box below the slide. I better find and print the instructions you mention. I saw something about how to disengage the motor drive that allows manually pushing in the slide. I wondered what would keep the slide from sliding out while on the road. I suppose that method would be if the drive system fails(?)
WW, when you find those instructions please link them! I'd like to print them out for my records as well. I assumed we could manually crank them in or out like my old setup...
CHD Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:25 PM   #11

I am on a smart phone otherwise no internet. PM me your email and I'll get it to you if and when I get it. As I understand it, it us possible to connect a battery to override the smart board, but if that won't work you have to disconnect the motor drives and push slide in. There is no crank.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
Old 07-21-2015, 06:36 PM   #12

Your are correct WW.

Tags
cat, controller, location, slide