Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2013, 12:10 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage 300x12 Landing Gear issue

I've been prepping my 300x12 the last four weekends to be ready for my first trip. Each weekend I've picked up my trailer from storage and brought it home to work on it. I've had no issues.

On Wednesday I installed Air Bags to help with the load. When I went to pick up the trailer with about 65lbs, I could not get the trailer onto the back of the truck. I let all the air out and was surprised I could barely get the landing gear high enough to get the truck under the trailer. It almost seemed like one leg would be trying harder than the other and then stop and I would only hear a buzzing sound.

When I drove the 900 miles to get to the race track, same thing, I put some wood under the landing gear and got it off the truck. When I arrived back home I figured I would pick up some pressure treated wood to compensate to put the landing gear on to allow me access so I could have air in the airbags when I went to load the trail. I barely got the truck off again.

A month ago when I picked up up, the landing gear seemed to have plenty of lift, now it doesn't seem to go high enough. With the wood under the legs it would allow the landing gear to work so it isn't completely broken.

Anyone hear of anything like this?

Thank you in advance
Z
zman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:07 PM   #2

I forgot something in the trailer and while I was there I tried to find a manual for the landing gear, I happened to notice the landing gear is exactly level. Are these self leveling? If so how do you turn it off? Does anyone know the brand and model of the landing gear?
Thanks
zman is offline   Reply With Quote