Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2020, 04:13 PM   #1

Cool New XLR 321

Looking at purchasing a new 2021 XLR 321. Haven't done a deal yet but just looking around at the trailer there are some obvious things which need to be fixed. The fridge is a RM1350MSSX the door handles which open the doors where installed wrong or something and would not open the fridge sales person pulled on handles so hard to get them to work the latches broke. Well there are more items but basically being told we will get everything fixed after you sign and we do a PDI. The trailer has all the options we want but we can wait till the next one come in. What would you do?
Rabidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 07:09 PM   #2

The next trailer coming in could have different upgrades your not happy with, pull the trigger on the one on the lot and have the items fixed before pulling it off the lot.
Or start over and order one custom from the factory with only the items you want and none of the extras you don’t want to pay for.
We order our custom from Jeff Couch in Ohio , they did there own PDI before we arrived . There price was unbelievable and we stayed in the area a few days for the shake down.
Old 07-10-2020, 01:39 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabidd View Post
Looking at purchasing a new 2021 XLR 321. Haven't done a deal yet but just looking around at the trailer there are some obvious things which need to be fixed. The fridge is a RM1350MSSX the door handles which open the doors where installed wrong or something and would not open the fridge sales person pulled on handles so hard to get them to work the latches broke. Well there are more items but basically being told we will get everything fixed after you sign and we do a PDI. The trailer has all the options we want but we can wait till the next one come in. What would you do?
Sounds to me like they want to turn it in on an Owner's Warranty claim.

If they say they did it, Forest River may tell them where to go. But if they claim it happened under your ownership..... YMMV.

Just get it in writing.

Good luck.
The Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 06:20 PM   #4

Ok went back today getting close to doing a deal but now fridge handle totally broke off and the others wont work and the AC thermostat was missing just a hole in the wall. I asked and was given the excuse that it might have been recalled lol. I think they needed to satisfy a PDI on another trailer and removed parts. So is this legal to move parts around and then ordering against another trailer then fixing the one where the parts where taken from. Still getting the line of well you buy it we will get all that stuff fixed when we do the PDI.
Old 07-12-2020, 11:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Ok went back today getting close to doing a deal but now fridge handle totally broke off and the others wont work and the AC thermostat was missing just a hole in the wall. I asked and was given the excuse that it might have been recalled lol. I think they needed to satisfy a PDI on another trailer and removed parts. So is this legal to move parts around and then ordering against another trailer then fixing the one where the parts where taken from. Still getting the line of well you buy it we will get all that stuff fixed when we do the PDI.
This is starting to sound a little sneezy to me. I think I'd continue to shop. Maybe not walk away, but continue to shop and take your time about it. I don't like all the excuses and the, "I promise I'll respect you in the morning" garbage.

Besides, they say they'll fix it when they do the PDI, right? How long do they expect that will take -- September?

I'd tell them this..... "You have it where I want it by Wednesday and I'll sign the papers. After that, forget it. I'll be moving on"

Falsus In Uno, Falsus In Omnibus

You're gonna own this RV a whole lot longer than just this Summer. And what if you need them for warranty work??

They're out of chances, IMO
Old 07-12-2020, 12:54 PM   #6

Yeah absolutely to weird for me to continue with the option, buy then we fix. They keep saying sign and we will have it ready in a week for your PDI. I am going to tell them you got a week to have it ready to be presented for sale and operational. Then I will sign and we will do a PDI. I wonder if Forest River knows what people are doing to the products and giving them a bad name. I have owned two forest river products a pop up and a Flagstaff 5th wheel never had a problem with them.
Old 07-12-2020, 01:21 PM   #7

You need to walk away from this dealer. There is no way you will ever be satisfied with any after sale work from this bunch of snakes. Shop around and you’ll save a lot...probably enough to pay an independent facility for warranty work which will then be be reimbursed by FR.
Old 07-13-2020, 07:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Yeah absolutely to weird for me to continue with the option, buy then we fix. They keep saying sign and we will have it ready in a week for your PDI. I am going to tell them you got a week to have it ready to be presented for sale and operational. Then I will sign and we will do a PDI. I wonder if Forest River knows what people are doing to the products and giving them a bad name. I have owned two forest river products a pop up and a Flagstaff 5th wheel never had a problem with them.
The problem with the RV Industry is, they don't have to be 'good' they only have to not be as bad as the competition.
Old 07-14-2020, 04:17 PM   #9

Now they are saying that there is a shortage so don't know when we might get in another one. I put the ball in their court and haven't hear anything back on getting anything fixed to even make it presentable to sell. Thanks for all the help!!
Old 07-14-2020, 05:39 PM   #10

Call Brenden at Jeff Couch
Old 07-14-2020, 06:16 PM   #11

Ditto home brew.

We bought from couch rv in Hamilton.

At Couches. The way it works is you sign the purchase agreement. Pay a $500 deposit. A while later you Show up at the PDI with the check.

After the inspection where all systems are demonstrated, they get the check. Ours was virtually perfect.

Warranty work can take MONTHS. You must return the unit for inspection. Then they contact the manufacturer for instructions based on their observations.

Then they order parts. Then you return. Then you wait until they have nothing that pays better to do.

This time of year they are busy making deliveries.

Most of us avoid the warrantee thing. I would do anything that cost less than $200. NO question!

We picked our fiver up and went to a close park for a week of learning and straightening stuff up. Ate and drank like royalty. Chores every other day. Party the others.

Now an annual thing. A week of repairs and upgrades. Usually in April.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 08:55 AM   #12

I read somewhere that, with the virus running rampant and shutting down everything, a lot of people have take up RVing. Which is creating a run on RV's
Old 12-02-2020, 10:50 AM   #13

We ordered a 321 Mid October and were told to expect it late February. None in stock to buy off the lot.
Cp1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 11:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomkatb View Post
Warranty work can take MONTHS. You must return the unit for inspection. Then they contact the manufacturer for instructions based on their observations.

Then they order parts. Then you return. Then you wait until they have nothing that pays better to do.

Most of us avoid the warrantee thing. I would do anything that cost less than $200. NO question!
Absolutely the truth.
Old 01-25-2021, 06:13 PM   #15

We just took delivery of a XLR Nitro 321 on Wednesday last week. We walked through and all seemed okay, got home and the TV started acting up by shutting down then starting back up 1/2 hr later. Then we just said screw it and bought a different tv, that worked great with the slides out for a couple of days, closed up and reopened the next day. Now the TV and reefer both shut down when you start the A/C or move a slide out. The vibration shakes something loose. We fought to get an appointment on the 11th of Feb, they originally said March 6th, calls to Forest river who said they can't do anything as the dealers are independents! The A/C blows great and when you shut the main opening to direct it to the vents it barely blows at all through them, very disappointed!
StPeteRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:34 PM   #16
REL

RUN.. don't walk..to another dealer.
REL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:38 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteRon View Post
We just took delivery of a XLR Nitro 321 on Wednesday last week. We walked through and all seemed okay, got home and the TV started acting up by shutting down then starting back up 1/2 hr later. Then we just said screw it and bought a different tv, that worked great with the slides out for a couple of days, closed up and reopened the next day. Now the TV and reefer both shut down when you start the A/C or move a slide out. The vibration shakes something loose. We fought to get an appointment on the 11th of Feb, they originally said March 6th, calls to Forest river who said they can't do anything as the dealers are independents! The A/C blows great and when you shut the main opening to direct it to the vents it barely blows at all through them, very disappointed!

Have the XLR 321 also and have the same AC concern. I have checked as much of the duct work that I can and found no issues.
gsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsanborn View Post
Have the XLR 321 also and have the same AC concern. I have checked as much of the duct work that I can and found no issues.
Thank you, any problems with the TV and reefer just shutting down?
Old 01-27-2021, 09:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by StPeteRon View Post
Thank you, any problems with the TV and reefer just shutting down?

No but it has been at dealer 8 weeks now for a simple slide out controller, $74 part and about 30 minutes to install. Will do the work next time myself.
gsanborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsanborn View Post
No but it has been at dealer 8 weeks now for a simple slide out controller, $74 part and about 30 minutes to install. Will do the work next time myself.
Holy shite!!!!!!

Tags
xlr