Old 08-14-2019, 04:48 AM   #1

New XLR questions

Just bought our new XLR 27KW. Itís a leftover 2018. There are sliding screen doors at the rear. Were we supposed to get covers for the screens? There is Velcro on the doors to attach something. Second my black tank flush will not flow water. I have researched and found there is a valve that is most likely bad. Where might this be? The dealer is no help, and service has not returned my calls.

rweis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 05:13 PM   #2

If it was new it should have the plastic lens that attach to the Velcro.
On the black tank flush it sounds like it is in backwards and want let the water flow in.

egladden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 08:08 PM   #3

Yes it was new. I found the black valve under the bathroom sink. Removed it and it was stuck closed. Messed with it a bit, it does flow water now, but inconsistent. I found a replacement on Amazon for $12. Spoke with dealer again today. He seemed to have no idea what I was talking about pertaining to the sliding screen doors. We will see where it goes. Also had issues with the thermostat jumping modes. Kinda disappointed, we bout our first unit in April. Cherokee grey wolf 26rr. We ended up using it every weekend and stepped up to the XLR 27KW. It is much nicer, but man so many little issues. I had zero with the 26rr.
rweis22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 05:31 PM   #4

Our "3 season" doors came with clear plastic panels to cover the screens as well. You may want to check again and if the dealer is of no help call Forest River.
redhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:40 AM   #5

Master switch /furnace

Went to bed last night , furnace was working fine along with lights , get up this morning , no furnace , no lights ! All the breakers are on fuses are good , checked master switch , seems to be a short in it ? I understand this may cause lights not to work , but could it cause furnace not to start up ?
Nyterider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 07:10 AM   #6
Lacey's Spring, AL

sounds more like dead batteries

The Turners
'14 Thor Palazzo 33.3 compact diesel
KingTailgater2 Dish, 100w/5amps roof SOLAR, BlueOx, 100,000+mi since '14... US, Alaska, and Canada... from GA, then NC, now N AL : )
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 01:52 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyterider View Post
Went to bed last night , furnace was working fine along with lights , get up this morning , no furnace , no lights ! All the breakers are on fuses are good , checked master switch , seems to be a short in it ? I understand this may cause lights not to work , but could it cause furnace not to start up ?
Since your'e not the OP and this is your first post, you need to provide way more information.

Do you have a XLR? You need to post RV info in your profile.
Were you plugged into shore power or running off the battery only? If so, how many batteries and what Brand and model?

Furnace is 12v DC and runs off the battery. It is the biggest drain on battery power. If you're not plugged into shore power and only have one battery, the furnace can drain it in a single night.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xlr