Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 08:04 AM   #1

NEWBIE looking for advice 2017 29HFS

Hello all,

I just picked up a 2017 XLR 29HFS.

This is my first travel trailer toy hauler, as the last was a Forest River pop up toy hauler.

Just curious if there is anything I need to watch out for or advice you might have for me?

I am actually a little surprised, I am pulling it with a 2015 F150 ecoboost and it pulls it and stops it great! Weight hitch with sway helps a lot!!!!

Thanks in Advance
Mike
mjwhiteis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:24 AM   #2

Was this towing experience with a "Ready to Go,Everything Loaded" unit, or just the Trip from Dealer to Home? Youroo!! PS
Old 04-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #3

This was "camp ready" less a toy in it. When carrying, I will have 1 atv or my golf cart in there.

I had to play with the brake controller a bit to make sure it was set right, but everything sits great. I was very surprised in the torque it had to go. Fuel mileage sucked, but no real surprise there. Towed much better than my Excursion with a V10 I had before.
mjwhiteis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags