Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2012, 01:06 AM   #1

Problems with Heater/AC unit

I've got a new 2013 305V12, all of 6 weeks now (been out 4 of those weekends) and I'm starting to have a few problems with the unit. Figured I would check here first before assuming that some type of repair work needs to be done. The thermostat has 3 settings (and +/- temp) fan, A/C, Heater. When I turn it to heater both the heater and the AC come on at the same time. I'm not postive the compressor kicks in on the A/C but between the two of them the A/C fan runs all night??? Any ideas?

TIA
sberard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:13 AM   #2

I had the same problem. I had the fan set to on or low instead of auto. The AC fan ran 24/7 even though we needed heat only. Easy fix.
freedom 750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #3

If you have a Dometic Digital thermostst, see the following instructions.

Use the On/Off Mode button to select FAN. Then use the +/- button to select either Hi, Lo or Auto.
When using the AC and the fan is in the Hi or Lo setting it will run continuously while the compressor will cycle on and off.
In the Auto mode the fan will cycle on and off as well.

If the fan is set on Hi or Lo while using the furnace the AC fan will run continuously, so be sure to set the fan on Auto when using the furnace.
You can, however, leave the AC fan running while using the furnace to help with condensation problems.

After setting the fan, Use the On/Off Mode button to select COOL for AC use.
Use the +/- button to select the thermostat temperature setting.
Use the same procedures for the Furnace.

When using the AC, in the Auto mode the fan will run on high when the room temperature is 5º or higher than the thermostat setting.
When the room temperature drops to within 4º or less than the thermostat setting, the fan will stop for a few seconds then start again in the Lo mode.

Hope this helps.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #4

My manual states there is a hi/lo fan speed for the furnace. i think this is incorrect.
The furnace runs one speed.
As you stated the hi/lo setting on the thermostat only applies the the A/C unit.
Unless I am missing something.
The furnace does not blow enough heat to warm the trailer. (QUICKLY) It seems like it is set on low. It does not move nearly enough air. I checked all the ducts and no of them seem to be bent or crimped. I have been in other trailers and motorhomes and the heaters would run much more heat throughout the trailer/MH. Is this just the nature of the furnace?
Steve38 is offline   Reply With Quote