Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2022, 12:02 PM   #1

Rear camera, 30HDS Hyper Lite

I have a 2018 Hyper Lite and just now attempting to add the Furrion Rear Camera system to the factory installed prep. I have two problems, one is that the camera mount housing is located so close to the LED light strip above the ramp door, the camera can't fit in. Two, when plugged in trying to mount, the power seems to be "on" full time. Are either of these issues been seen before?
Dodge Ram 2500 HD Cummins
2018 Ultra Limited
HyperCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2022, 12:06 PM   #2

For mine the power didn’t work. Had to run power from the tail lights so now my camera only works when the lights are on! Typical RV builder issues.
scottrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottrod View Post
For mine the power didn’t work. Had to run power from the tail lights so now my camera only works when the lights are on! Typical RV builder issues.
Have the same issue with my xlr351. How do I check to see if there's power or not and if not, how did you run the wires?
govols23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 10:01 PM   #4

I as well just installed a back up camera on my XLR321. Same issue. Power is on all the time.
Baldguy0714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 06:05 AM   #5

I have a 2019 29HFS, same issue. Power is only supposed to be on when you turn on the tow vehicle’s lights. I took it back to the dealer under warranty and they rewired it.
iammoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 05:03 PM   #6
Dustmaker

I have the 2018 29HFS and mine came with the camera powered on all the time as long as there was 12v present in the trailer. According to my conversations with FR they said that is the way it was supposed to be wired per feedback from customers. I have read threads where people have re-wired and tied into the lighting so the camera would only be powered when the lights are powered as well as other solutions. I don't know how to include a link or I would put a link to my older post that showed how I solved this issue for me (while under warranty). The power for your camera (if like my model) is coming from the switch bank in the garage area. Do a search for posts by dustmaker and you will find icy older post. Hope it helps.
Dustmaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camera, lite