Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2018, 09:33 PM   #1

Roll call for XLR Nitro 29KW. Who has one?

Just wondering who has one?
fmjnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 12:12 AM   #2

HighDes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 01:06 AM   #3

Have you drilled into the walls to mount anything? Trying to figure if the studs are metal or wood.
Old 03-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #4

I have not. I would imagine they are wood. Just curious what are you wanting to mount? I’m getting ready to permanently mount solar on the roof. I’ve got a path to make it look factory through the front. Overall we’re really pleased with the quality and fit and finish.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighDes View Post
I have not. I would imagine they are wood. Just curious what are you wanting to mount? I’m getting ready to permanently mount solar on the roof. I’ve got a path to make it look factory through the front. Overall we’re really pleased with the quality and fit and finish.
I am considering mounting a tv in the bedroom. We have a generator, so holding off on the solar panels until we start boondocking a lot more. We love the Nitro.

Do you by chance have stairs to the deck, or are using the ramp for a deck? I'd like to get stairs & the ramp set up for a deck.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:18 PM   #6

Ours came with awnings over both areas, luckily. It also came with the morryde stairs for the patio. They are a bit cumbersome to move around, but are very solid. I was going to change the entry door factory steps to the morryde flip down model, but have decided well just use the patio stairs when were using the rv. I may end up building a railing setup for the back patio after this summer. I'm waiting to get the availability of the hardware from morryde. The solar would be nice to not listen to the gennie run during the day unless absolutely necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmjnathan View Post
I am considering mounting a tv in the bedroom. We have a generator, so holding off on the solar panels until we start boondocking a lot more. We love the Nitro.

Do you by chance have stairs to the deck, or are using the ramp for a deck? I'd like to get stairs & the ramp set up for a deck.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Ours came with awnings over both areas, luckily. It also came with the morryde stairs for the patio. They are a bit cumbersome to move around, but are very solid. I was going to change the entry door factory steps to the morryde flip down model, but have decided well just use the patio stairs when were using the rv. I may end up building a railing setup for the back patio after this summer. I'm waiting to get the availability of the hardware from morryde. The solar would be nice to not listen to the gennie run during the day unless absolutely necessary.
Interesting...on the ramp, do you use jacks underneath the ramp to support the weight, or are cables the only support?
Old 03-31-2018, 05:51 PM   #8

We havent used it like that yet, the rear. The rep said the cables are sufficent. The cables on the side patio are fine, the little pole support does take the bounce out though. I actually think fabbn something up for the rear would be a good idea though. What made u pick the 29kw? For us it was the side patio(have twins and wanted to put them to bed with it closed up), and it was one of very few that accomodated our x3 4 seater.

Quote:
Interesting...on the ramp, do you use jacks underneath the ramp to support the weight, or are cables the only support?
Old 03-31-2018, 06:11 PM   #9

The side deck sold us. We love using that deck. We can keep the dogs on the patio when we are gone. We fit 2 atv's inside w room for another in the pick up bed.No carpet means easy cleaning. The large fresh water tank allows for boondocking. The girls like the size of the bathroom and shower. The generator is so quiet, we have actually forgotten it was on a few times. Originally the dealer ordered a 4400 watt generator. They tried installing only to find the only generator that fits is the Onan 5500 watt. It easily powers both air conditioners.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:12 PM   #10

Quote:
We havent used it like that yet, the rear. The rep said the cables are sufficent. The cables on the side patio are fine, the little pole support does take the bounce out though. I actually think fabbn something up for the rear would be a good idea though. What made u pick the 29kw? For us it was the side patio(have twins and wanted to put them to bed with it closed up), and it was one of very few that accomodated our x3 4 seater.
We have the Lippert railing on the patio...super convenient to set up.
Old 03-31-2018, 06:38 PM   #11

We have the same railing. Not sure why they used the morryde stairs. Its ok though. Ours has the 5500 as well. Its really hard to go wrong with an onan gennie any size.

Quote:
We have the Lippert railing on the patio...super convenient to set up.

Tags
xlr