Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2015, 07:36 AM   #1

Shower door

Good morning all!! We have an XLR thunderbolt 380 AMP. For the most part, we like it, but the shower door has got to go!! It is the plastic flimsy thing. Does anyone else have this? Has anyone replaced it with a normal shower door? Thank you for your input!!

Wendy
WendyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 07:39 PM   #2

Mine has a glass shower door.?
Mantisfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:14 PM   #3

Wendy we have a 2015 401 amp and it has the same door. I agree it horrible. XLR now is putting the glass door in and I want them to replace mine. It hit my daughter in the head and it leaks on the floor every time we take a shower. I am waiting for mine to break anytime.
Jeff Auton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 11:33 PM   #4

We finally siliconed ours this weekend. It helped with the leaking but it still splashes out from underneath. It leaked so much in the corners that it ruined the corner of the cabinet. Overall, we are not pleased with the problems that we have had with this rig. One would think that after paying over $85,000 that it would be better put together. Hopefully the dealership & Forest River will do something to remedy these things. Thank you for your reply!!
Old 09-07-2015, 11:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantisfactory View Post
Mine has a glass shower door.?
Would you mind posting a pic? We have been looking for one but can't seem to find any.
Old 09-08-2015, 12:07 AM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyC View Post
...It leaked so much in the corners that it ruined the corner of the cabinet...
Just curious, if you knew it was leaking in the corners, why did you not attempt to stop it some way long before it ruined the cabinet?
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WendyC View Post
We finally siliconed ours this weekend. It helped with the leaking but it still splashes out from underneath. It leaked so much in the corners that it ruined the corner of the cabinet. Overall, we are not pleased with the problems that we have had with this rig. One would think that after paying over $85,000 that it would be better put together. Hopefully the dealership & Forest River will do something to remedy these things. Thank you for your reply!!
Mine leaked when I took a shower for the very first time but fixed it on the spot so no damage would occure ,also my buddies rig was same way ,Problem is they don't caulk them on the inside of the track on the ends.
Mantisfactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 03:44 PM   #8

Send a message via Skype™ to dhatfield6
My 2013 XLR 380 has a glass sliding door.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
[FONT=Arial]Trips in 2013-(4) Nights Camped-(56) Trips in 2014-(5), Nights Camped-(60)
Trips in 2015-(4) Nights Camped-(44) Trips in 2016-(2) Nights Camped-(17)
dhatfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, show, shower