Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2022, 05:39 PM   #1

Exclamation Shower Plumbed To Black Tank

I purchased my 2014 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 last June. I am the 3rd owner of this camper.
I recently flushed all the tanks and lines for summer service. When I did I noticed that the shower is actually plumbed into the black tank. I verified this by completely flushing the black tank and then running water through the shower with just the black valve open and water started to drain.
My question is, is this supposed to be plumbed this way or is it a defect? If it is a defect would this be covered by the manufacturer? Also would there be space to add a second gray tank just for the shower? My panel does have Gray 1 and Gray 2.
Nichol.as769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 05:47 PM   #2
New here, old elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol.as769 View Post
I purchased my 2014 XLR Hyperlite 30HFS5 last June. I am the 3rd owner of this camper.
I recently flushed all the tanks and lines for summer service. When I did I noticed that the shower is actually plumbed into the black tank. I verified this by completely flushing the black tank and then running water through the shower with just the black valve open and water started to drain.
My question is, is this supposed to be plumbed this way or is it a defect? If it is a defect would this be covered by the manufacturer? Also would there be space to add a second gray tank just for the shower? My panel does have Gray 1 and Gray 2.
Many models are plumbed that way. Most of them I've seen were because the kitchen and bathroom are on opposite ends, but your floor plan shows them next to each other. Not sure why they did so on that particular model. Your grey capacity shows 32 gallons, black 54 gallons. Another indication that it was designed that way with the extra capacity for the shower. The control showing two tanks is a standard panel that was used in numerous models. Unless someone comes along here that has added a second tank, you'll have to look at your "basement" and see if it's possible.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:05 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichol.as769 View Post

Just because the panel says you have 2 gray tanks, doesn't necessarily mean that you do. FR uses the same panel on all different brands and model numbers. Some have 2 gray tanks and only have one.
My TT's panel shows 2 gray tanks but it only has one.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Just because the panel says you have 2 gray tanks, doesn't necessarily mean that you do. FR uses the same panel on all different brands and model numbers. Some have 2 gray tanks and only have one.

I do understand that the panels are mainly generic to most models. I was just curious if anyone has ever added a tank to utilize just for there shower?
Nichol.as769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 06:27 PM   #5
Site Team

Moved thread to the XLR sub-forum since OP is asking for model-specific information.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 08:12 PM   #6
New here, old elsewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

Is there an echo in here?
Old 09-18-2022, 09:44 PM   #7

Can confirm. Your shower is plumbed to the black tank, it’s not a mistake, and it’s a great design. Black tank fills with more water and less solids, and makes it easier to flush. No you do not have a 2nd gray tank.
2019 Honda CRV (camping support vehicle)
2014 Harley Davidson FLHX (XLR cargo)
2011 Ram 2500 CC 4X4 CTD, B&W Companion (toy hauler hauler)
Taranwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, black, black tank, show, shower, tank