Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2011, 05:23 PM   #1

side wall de-laminating ??

I have a 2012 29 CKV and the fiberglass wall near the ladder looks like it is DE-laminating. It is has a lump pushing out the ladder mount.

My dealer said it is under warranty and can be fixed in 8-12 hours but then will only have a 90 day warranty on the repair??

I have a 42000 dollar retail, 4 month old trailer that will have fiberglass and paint work? Unacceptable. What do I do?
Kneedrager428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #2

I would start with a diffrent Dealer first! Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:15 PM   #3

Location: Canandaigua,New York (The heart of the Finger Lakes)
Give the XLR Forest River Warranty dept. manager a call with pictures. Should be able to find it with a few internet searches or maybe someone here on the forum has the number already. and you could ask to post it up. I know there different from division to division. Like I have the Warranty managers number for Rockwood/Flagstaff but he doesn't handle XLR toy haulers.

David & Annamarie & 2-Pugs (Fatty and Harley)
2011 Rockwood Windjammer 3065
2011 Ford F-250 6.2- V8
2011 Hensley Arrow "NO-SWAY" Hitch
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
I would start with a diffrent Dealer first! Youroo!!
There are only 3 XLR dealers within 100 miles. I took it to Lazy Days in Sefner, Fl. The other 2 dealers are clear on the other side of the state in Cocoa, Fl. Waiting to hear from them tomorrow.
Old 11-22-2011, 06:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
Give the XLR Forest River Warranty dept. manager a call with pictures. Should be able to find it with a few internet searches or maybe someone here on the forum has the number already. and you could ask to post it up. I know there different from division to division. Like I have the Warranty managers number for Rockwood/Flagstaff but he doesn't handle XLR toy haulers.
Going to do this tomorrow. I don't have any pictures though and the trailer is 100 miles away. The only way to properly fix this is removing the entire driver side wall and quite frankly, after that I don't want it anymore. It will never be the same.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:51 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kneedrager428

Going to do this tomorrow. I don't have any pictures though and the trailer is 100 miles away. The only way to properly fix this is removing the entire driver side wall and quite frankly, after that I don't want it anymore. It will never be the same.
The warrant person at Forest River XLR is Diane @ 574-975-0292. Good luck.
Guest6789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailertrash78 View Post
The warrant person at Forest River XLR is Diane @ 574-975-0292. Good luck.
Yeah I guess good luck was an understatement. I am Completely disappointed with Forest River and my 2012 XLR 29CKV right now. I still have not been able to get Diane on the phone, no callback after multiple messages and the supervisor is off to an RV show till tomorrow. Well see if he calls tomorrow but im not holding my breath.

Even if he does call, I am supposed to be leaving to a race tomorrow and I have NO TRAILER to use. I dropped this off at the dealer 3 Weeks ago.

So much for buying a NEW trailer

My fresh tank supports are severely bowed and sagging,
slide leaks,
several interior trim pieces have fallen off,
Black and grey water levels stopped working,
the grey and black drains are routed awkwardly and drag on some entryways and speed bumps, and last but the worst is the side wall de-laminating!!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #8
Del

I have the same problem on my Sabre....They are replacing three sides. Of course we started the process last september and I just found out that they will be picking it up next week. Of course it was suppose to be picked up the first of october, and the 28th of Oct and mid november...... So I'm not holding my breathe. it's been at the dealer for almost nine weeks on.....

Problem is the manufacture didn't remove the paper off the sealant tape for the gutters.
Technical Scuba Diving and Photography
15 years ex-military, Still enjoy the outdoors but not sleeping on the ground.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:57 PM   #9

So to revisit this problem, I now have 4 more sections of delamination occurring. It is at the dealer again. they fixed the 1st problem to my satisfaction but now there are 4 !! different spots coming apart again Anybody else having these problems? My slide has leaked since day 1, in or out, cabinet doors falling off, water heater only works in gas mode, fuel station gauge stopped working, the list goes on....
Old 07-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #10

27 Hyper Lite Warranty

As noted good luck with warranty, just read my post. The gals name for XLR is daly. Ddaly@. I have delt with her and Forest River for 8 months now and have gotten no where! Unfortunatly it looks like I will have to resort to law and back to back me up. Note like many of us I bought what I thought was a good unit from a very reputable company, only had I had the info from this site. It is still hard to understand how we can spend this type of money and be completely ignorde. Let me know how you make out with dayly.
betme1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:24 AM   #11

The fuel station is a short between the gage and elect supply. Still under warranty and they delayed so long I paid 189.00 to have it fixed. Good
Luck!
Old 07-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #12

Your doors will continue to fall off till you do a bolt thru. Warranty dose not cover that eather.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #13

I consider myself lucky. I am getting a brand new trailer.
Forest River and my dealer both stepped up and are replacing my trailer at no cost to me. I am getting a different model and picked my options. It is being built as we speak and should be here in 3-4 weeks.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by betme1959 View Post
Your doors will continue to fall off till you do a bolt thru. Warranty dose not cover that eather.
Doors are glass... No bolt through for that.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:37 AM   #15

What really gets me is they are fixing my defective trailer and are reselling it. No wall replacement, just fiberglass and painting.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:45 AM   #16

You are one lucky man. Maybe a hint of how you worked that out! I have already contacted a Law Firm for help and support. Next I guess I will call the bank. Thanks for the reply.