Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2020, 11:36 PM   #1

Slide out problem

I have a new 2020 XLR 3016 I have had it out a few times and the slide normally works very smoothly and quite but occasionally it makes some loud banging and popping noise usually at the beginning of it's travel either in or out it will do it both ways. Any ideas? Am I doing damage by continuing to use it?
Ron.danahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron.danahy View Post
I have a new 2020 XLR 3016 I have had it out a few times and the slide normally works very smoothly and quite but occasionally it makes some loud banging and popping noise usually at the beginning of it's travel either in or out it will do it both ways. Any ideas? Am I doing damage by continuing to use it?
Ron.danahy,

Thank you for being a part of the XLR family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new XLR Hyperlite. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Brent Stevens in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...45701456759957.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:25 PM   #3
Hot Dog Slayer

I'm wondering if it isn't the rubber gasket that helps keep the rain, leaves and other debris from coming into your trailer?

Mine always makes a noise opening and closing until the gasket is situated in it's proper orientation.

Hopefully it's an easy fix, be sure to let us know.

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Geobound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 03:26 PM   #4

Thanks i just sent him a message
Old 09-19-2020, 07:30 AM   #5

I made adjustments per the manufacturer's instructions and it seems to be working fine now.
Thanks to everyone from foristriver/XLR and Norco for all your help
I hope the leadership in your companies realize how much you guys do to improve the overall customer impression of Foristriver without you we are stuck with the advice of dealers that have us bring them in they keep them for months at a time (sometimes) they do a half-assed job at best when we all know the reality is its a 45min fix that we can do ourselves if we just have a place to get the information to do it.

Again thank you very much!!!

Tags
slide, slide out