Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2019, 11:07 AM   #1

Splitter Location

I have spent hours searching and reading post trying to find the location for the TV splitter in my toy hauler. I have a XLR 42DS5. I have also spent hours trouble shooting things. I have narrowed the problem down to the TV splitter but for the life of me I can not find it. Any help would be appreciated.
rkwhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 03:02 PM   #2

Splitter Location

I can't vouch for you but maybe I can lead you. I have a 2016 XLR Thunderbolt 340AMP. When I figured my splitter was bad the factory told me behind microwave, then I was told behind stove, then I was told behind the vents. I became very frustrated. I finally had someone to tell me to look in my bathroom vent inside cieling. Found IT. So depending on your set up pull your underside of of your bathroom vent appart and look and feel inside the dead space to see if you can find it. Good Luck

Tim Coltrain in NC
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:09 AM   #3

Thanks for your input Tom. I have taken the bathroom shroud off and looked and felt around. No Luck. I did find the main cable and satellite input lines in that area, but no splitter.
For a little background. I have verified the main cable input led to the back of the antenna amplifier (that is located in the garage) is good. I disconnected it from the back of the amplifier and connected it directly to the TV in the garage and had all 32 channels. I have connected the same cable input lead directly to the TV output coax from the back of the amplifier and nothing on the LR and BR TVs. I conned the antenna input cable directly to the garage TV and I had channels. I have connected the antenna lead from the back of the amplifier directly to the TV output coax and there is no channels on the LR and BR TVs. I did this last weekend when we were at a park that had cable.
Just to clarify, when I did the cable test I had the amplifier off and all TVs were set to cable. When I did the antenna test I had the amplifier on and all TVs set to air. I have replaced the antenna amplifier just to be save. Saturday I took all the wall plates off behind the LR and BR TVs and replaced the coax ends. I installed new coax leads between the TVs and the wall plates. I replaced all the coax ends in the garage on both sides of the antenna amplifier. I now have channels on all 3 TVs when using the antenna. I do not have the capability of trying cable but will be camping at a park this weekend that does have cable so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
I have talked with XLR tech support a number of times and was told to look behind the bathroom fan and behind the hall light outside the bathroom but nothing.
I will try behind the microwave but for now I am hoping I have solved the problem.
Sorry for the long response but wanted to get all the facts out there.
THANKS!!
rkwhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, lite, location