Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFK View Post
So far nothing, but after working with another XLR owner with a similar issue I called the dealer who is working on getting a local rep to come out. I guess FR had an install problem with kinked fuel lines and a gas tank that is to high to allow filling without a big mess. Sounds like they plan to drop the tank two inches and take the generator out to fix the line. They must of had someone over tired on the line that day. I'm hoping that does the trick. Thanks again
There is most likely a 3 way valve at the suction side of the pump. Usually a hose is provided to allow vacuum from a antifreeze container. The other two openings connect the primary suction to the tank, and the last is directed into the pump. If the valve is in the "wrong" position it will allow air to enter the pump instead of the tank water which will be blocked off. Locate the pump and find the loose hose connected to its suction. The 3 way valve is probably open to the hose suction.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:55 PM   #22
RFK

Thanks VinceU, Took a look under the bed. As you state, on the suction side of the pump there is one line coming off to introduce anti-freeze and leads to a valve. I have the two way valve, pointing the handle toward the anti-freeze line does exactly what you indicate, sucks air. Turning it inline with the tank line, again nothing but air. I tried a bit of a work arond by turning the pump on for a second with the city water line hooked up. This seemed to work the pump like I would expect. The pump ran for second and shut off. I turned off the city water line, switched the pump back to the on position and no noise. Opened the faucet, pump kicks on, water flows for just about 10 seconds, then no more water and the pump continues to run. I keep feeling like I'm missing something. A shut off, or valve turned wrong ect... But everything works perfectly with the city water connection, but with the enclosed underbelly there's no easy way to trace the lines back to see. Thanks again for your input, thankfully it's not keeping us from tryig out the new camper. Keep the tips coming, they are very helpful. Best regards, Ray
2007 Harley Electra Glide Classic
:iwo
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #23

[QUOTE=RFK;352144]Thanks VinceU, Took a look under the bed. As you state, on the suction side of the pump there is one line coming off to introduce anti-freeze and leads to a valve. I have the two way valve, pointing the handle toward the anti-freeze line does exactly what you indicate, sucks air. Turning it inline with the tank line, again nothing but air. I tried a bit of a work arond by turning the pump on for a second with the city water line hooked up. This seemed to work the pump like I would expect. The pump ran for second and shut off. I turned off the city water line, switched the pump back to the on position and no noise. Opened the faucet, pump kicks on, water flows for just about 10 seconds, then no more water and the pump continues to run. I keep feeling like I'm missing something. A shut off, or valve turned wrong ect... But everything works perfectly with the city water connection, but with the enclosed underbelly there's no easy way to trace the lines back to see. Thanks again for your input, thankfully it's not keeping us from tryig out the new camper. Keep the tips coming, they are very helpful. Best regards, Ray[/QUOTE)

It wouldn't be the first time the pump would be in "backwards". There's photos in the forum where one op was pulling his hair out till it was noticed. When looking at the face of the pump, opposite the motor, the discharge is on your right. Its a straight line from the tank to the pump other than the antifreeze connection you have eliminated. Can you take the hose off the suction at the valve and prove the line is open?
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 11:38 PM   #24
RFK

Just the final update , generator is now up and running thanks to Arlington RV in RI the problem was a bad fuel pump, took a bunch of time to find a few days the they were available and we weren't using the camper. I would like to thank everyone for your help on this and other issues this is a great unit for us and your input has helped us get the most out of it. Thank you !!!!! Ray & Barb !
2007 Harley Electra Glide Classic
:iwo
RFK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:30 PM   #25

I apologize in advance if I brought this thread back to life but we just inherited his toy hauler after his passing and are thinking about keeping. We just discovered the two fuel cells and we were curious which is which? Is the one on the left for the gen and the one on the right for the fuel pump? Thanks in advance and I cant wait to get to know the toy hauler family.
WalkerTexasRanger is offline   Reply With Quote