Old 09-16-2019, 10:13 PM   #1

waste tank connection

So my XLR thunderbolt is app 3 years old. after first session we noticed the underbelly sag a little, thought it was just possible rod after got in. Second season we noticed the underbelly sag after moving in from back country. On another trip a had the same sagging and alter realized i hadn't emptied my tanks. It didn't sag bad, popped a little hole and drained out the water. I thought I had a small leak in the opening valve.
I wasn't going to drop the underbelly until it got to serious. This season I was amping and noticed the sag and water dripping when we first arrived at a campground.
After the trip i took it to a local shop(warranty is done), they dropped parts of my underbelly and did numerous tests but couldn't find any leaks or issues. They found the smallest tech in the shop and sent him crawling. Above the tanks he found the waste pipe from the bathroom not even connected(see pictures) The installed a connector with ABS pipe glue. $5 in parts. $1500 in labour.
I contacted FR service and warranty department direct, though they are pathetic(actually worse, non existent) at calling back. When i got an answer, i was told that's the way they come from the factory, a neoprene sleeve is install from the tank fittings to the waste pipe.
Anyone have any knowledge of this. This is a problem that has been ongoing from the start and been like that from build. Do i have any real recourse bearing in mind I have been waiting 2 months for a call back after my file was supposed to be passed to management?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2088.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	215180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2085.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	215181  

Ian Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 11:28 AM   #2

Sorry to hear that, we have a XLR 420, and have had our fare share of problems but only with the fridge, were out on our 2 one and this one turns on but won’t get cold ��
XLR 42016 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank