Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-17-2018, 01:20 AM   #1

Water line hanging out of bottom

I just bought a XLR Boost 37TSX13 and when I was backing the camper into my drive way I noticed clear water coming out of a hose from the bottom of the camper just behind the axles by the low water valves. The hose has a male garden hose type threads and I wondered if i should be concerned and more importantly where is it coming from??? The dealer did not have an owners manual and stated to use the website. The website only has 2018 manuals and are VERY generic. Does anyone know what the hose is connected to and why is there clear water coming out when the dealer stated they winterized the camper.
Also, any suggestions on where to get diagrams of wiring and water lines? I am an engineer and not having more information than the owners manual for the wrong year camper is not comforting.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:10 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricherson View Post
Also, any suggestions on where to get diagrams of wiring and water lines? I am an engineer and not having more information than the owners manual for the wrong year camper is not comforting.
Sorry to say but they probably don't exist.
You sure could try contacting the factory though.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 07:25 AM   #3

I could be the low point drain, the overflow line for the fresh water tank or the drain line for the fresh water tank. First, is there a sticker on the side of the camper near the hose that says "Low point drain"? Also, does the end of the hose have a fitting with treads on it? What color is the hose, white, red or blue? All of these things can give a good clue what you are seeing. If it is a low point drain, there should be two hoses next to each other with some type of cap or valve on them. If it is a fresh water overflow line it may be white with nothing on it. Post some pictures of what you are seeing and that will help.
Asrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricherson View Post
I just bought a XLR Boost 37TSX13 and when I was backing the camper into my drive way I noticed clear water coming out of a hose from the bottom of the camper just behind the axles by the low water valves. The hose has a male garden hose type threads and I wondered if i should be concerned and more importantly where is it coming from??? The dealer did not have an owners manual and stated to use the website. The website only has 2018 manuals and are VERY generic. Does anyone know what the hose is connected to and why is there clear water coming out when the dealer stated they winterized the camper.
Probably the drain for the fresh water tanks . they left the cap off after draining and the water you see was what was still in the tank being sloshed around as you moved the trailer . it's ok to have some left over water in the tank as it has room to expand
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:21 AM   #5
Site Team

As mentioned, probably the FW tank drain. It is virtually impossible to get all the water out of the FW tank so some will drain out as you change the front to back angle of the RV. The small amount of water will freeze, but there is no danger so I would not worry. You may leave the drain open so any water in the drain line can run out and not freeze. For future reference, when asking about items such as this, it is always best to add a photo if possible as each configuration is different.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 09:24 AM   #6

I wouldn't be trusting the dealer and I would be winterizing myself to make sure. there shouldn't be that much clear water coming out of the unit if it is truly winterized.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 10:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
I wouldn't be trusting the dealer and I would be winterizing myself to make sure. there shouldn't be that much clear water coming out of the unit if it is truly winterized.
the fresh water tank will never completely drain as most of the connections are on the side of the tank . so as much as 5 gallons may remain . by leaving the cap off when moving the unit you can get a fair amount of water out of the drain.
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 04:54 PM   #8

Could also be a aftermarket black tank flush that somebody added. Most people do not winterize the black flush line and there could be clear water left in the flush line.
markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by markb422 View Post
Could also be a aftermarket black tank flush that somebody added. Most people do not winterize the black flush line and there could be clear water left in the flush line.
There is no drain line for any black tank flush, after market or otherwise. Neither has the input underneath the unit.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimber45 View Post
Open up the low point drains one at a time...What comes out???
ANTIFREEZE???? OK!!!

Clear water???r......Winterize!!!!
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 08:59 PM   #11

I believe it is the tank drain according to the other comments. Dealer did not leave cap anywhere in camper so I will need to get one. While I am at it, I will put a valve on the cap so will not have water dumping on me when I remove it. You would think FR would add a $2 valve on it.
Thanks for the help.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:06 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
Probably the drain for the fresh water tanks . they left the cap off after draining and the water you see was what was still in the tank being sloshed around as you moved the trailer . it's ok to have some left over water in the tank as it has room to expand
X2

You probably need to ask the dealer for the cap they forgot to put back on. You'll need that when you go camping in the spring.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:09 PM   #13

XLR Boost 37TSX13 Owners Manual

You might check on eBay for an Owner's Manual.
LannyCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #14

Male garden hose thread. Definitely an output. Go back to the dealer and ask them for your hose cap!
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 10:41 AM   #15

This is the drain for the fresh water tank and it'll be 1/2" pipe threads not garden hose threads , look in your water heater door for the cap the dealer could've possibly stuck it in there.
Pep71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 08:11 AM   #16

I have a 2018 37STX13 according to the FR Boost plant there is no fresh water tank drain on mine. I was told to run the pump with the low point valves open by the plant manager.

Just my .02

Mike

mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #17

Go to Wally World/HD/Lowes/Hardware store garden Dept and buy a hose cap.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water