Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2020, 08:27 PM   #1

Smile Water Pump! 2018 XLR Nitro

Going to ask dealer tomorrow, but thought I'd still throw this up since I didn't find answer on WEB. Traded Up for 2018 XLR NITRO 36T15. Where is the water pump?

Took Rig and had them fix all glitches. Level of tanks not working, dump levers not sealing. Etc..
Took it out and no 12V water pumping through faucets now. I hear it run, but nothing. Checked to make sure outside shower was off, bypass valve ok, and anti-freeze valve shut. Water heater anode installed. Is there another shut off valve somewhere?

Anyway, I'll post findings after I talk to Service Center and if I find problem and pump.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:03 AM   #2
gkn

The water pump in ours is behind a panel in the basement storage. It requires removing 4 screws not a big deal. If you can hear the pump running but no water pressure we had the same problem after picking ours up from the dealer and their excellent check over of the unit... (sarcasm intended). I found that from the factory the little rubber o-ring/gasket that is in the water lines where they tread on to the water pump was not in the suction side of the pump and didn't allow it to pull water from the tank. Just something else to check.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #3

Our 2017 36T15 was doing the same thing. The water pump is in the basement storage behind all the water connections, 4 or 6 screws and you can remove the long panel that goes all the way across the storage.

Our issue was small bits of plastic in the filter on the inlet side of the pump were preventing water flow.
roadie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 02:59 PM   #4

THANKS

So the pump is there and after scratching my head for 10 minutes I tried to help pump by pouring some water in the antifreeze hose. It sounded like it tried to start working, so I turned off pump and closed valve then blew in antifreeze hose and waaaala water start spitting out hose T. One side goes to pump, one side from tank, and one side to antifreeze inlet hose. Was able to slide clamp off of T. Pump sucking air.

So here I am, and the problems they supposedly fixed are a nightmare. Pump was working fine before I brought it for warranty. They said they fixed a leak. No, no they did not. Been raining and water is still getting into bedroom cabinets.

Does anyone take pride in their work anymore? You think they would verify their repairs RIGHT?

My wife still wonders why I do all the work on our own stuff. This is why.

Thanks for all the replies and help!

CHEERS
Old 04-30-2020, 03:25 PM   #5

I found water in our closet up front, I crawled up to the roof and discovered the seam between the front cap and the roof had a small gap. I used some lap sealant and then eternabond tape across the entire seam. Leaks fixed. I now keep eternabond tape in my toolbox. Never know when a low branch might poke a hole in the roof.
roadie00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:52 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet Tester View Post
Going to ask dealer tomorrow, but thought I'd still throw this up since I didn't find answer on WEB. Traded Up for 2018 XLR NITRO 36T15. Where is the water pump?

Took Rig and had them fix all glitches. Level of tanks not working, dump levers not sealing. Etc..
Took it out and no 12V water pumping through faucets now. I hear it run, but nothing. Checked to make sure outside shower was off, bypass valve ok, and anti-freeze valve shut. Water heater anode installed. Is there another shut off valve somewhere?

Anyway, I'll post findings after I talk to Service Center and if I find problem and pump.
Hi - we had the same issue. Could here it run and nothing came out of the faucet. We also have a 2018 xlr Nitro. My husband is an electrician and when checking into it, found out it was connected wrong so the polarity was reversed. Tell your service center to reverse the wiring and it should work fine. He ended up fixing the issues we had with our toyhauler himself. The black tank cleanout water lines was never connected, the water pump, the generator was installed wrong and wires were way undersized. The generator was installed by the dealer and it ruined the transfer switch, which Forest River sent a new one right away.
MickDowns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump, xlr