Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #1

What do you do about problems that are NOT getting fixed or NOT being compensated for

PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM AFTER PLOBLEM AFTER PROBLEM & STILL NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE FOR US THEY GAVE US A NEW COUCH AND NEW TIRES AS WELL AS EXTENDED THE WARRANTY 3 OUT OF THE 7MONTHS THEY HAVE HAD OUR CAMPER!!!!!!!

We purchased our camper around 8 MONTHS ago!!!
The FIRST WEEK We had it the slide fell Threw along with water damage bc they didn’t even seal ANY of the fittings under the sinks! Along with LIST OF THINGS about 100 things!
We only had our camper in our possession 3 weeks I want to say!

We have already paid around 20k-30k in down payments,trade-in and monthly payments!

Our camper has gone back 2 times and just came back yesterday after I specifically told the GENERAL NATIONAl MANAGER BRENT “I don’t want it sent back until we figure out something about being compensated, and until YALL go through EVERYTHING and make sure NOTHING is wrong.

Well it came back yesterday and it has bubbles in the linoleum all throughout the camper as well as some just flapping and ripped!!!
ALSO
Cabinets under the kitchen sink are broke and still signs of water damage!

I am posting this bc obviously no one can get through to them I’ve been calling for a while still no answer they had an event show last week and just act like they have no customers to even deal with.

We were told we were being compensated with NEW tires that should have already been put on it after the THOUSANDS of miles they put on the existing tires BECAUSE they can not fix our 2019 FOREST RIVER TOY HAULER right the first time!!!!
Same for the WARRANTY that should have been a GIVEN since it has been in their POSSESSION for 7 OUT of THE 8 MONTHS we have owned it!!!

THEY WONT COMPENSATE us for what we have paid in payments our downpayment or anything we are getting the go around yet again bc the camper was NOT FIXED CORRECTLY!!!!!!

MAYBE IF I POST THIS I WILL GET THE ATTENTION OF SOMEONE THAT WILL ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!!
Barbararushing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:49 PM   #2

This forum in not run by Forest River. It's run by an independent company...NOT affiliated with Forest River in any way. Occasionally a FR rep with scan the forum and occasionally respond to a complaint...but it's very rare.
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #3

Not on here this is a owners site but we need more info. What make and model toyhauler do you have.

Who is Brent with ?? the dealer or Forest River??

Sounds like dealer issues with repairs.

If you think that you will be compensated for the time that your camper has been at the dealer, it is not likely with any RV company.

Good Luck !!!!!!

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:25 PM   #4

A suggestion

Not trying to create a war for new owner vs dealer vs the ones who build these units. OMG I have had my issue's. Maybe a news interview with TV about issue's might be start. I don't like the run around either and I had that for two years. Its always got to wait for warranty to get approved. Hec, that's why we bought warranty to have these issue's taken care of.
Tim Coltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbararushing View Post

MAYBE IF I POST THIS I WILL GET THE ATTENTION OF SOMEONE THAT WILL ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING!!!

Sadly, it appears that the only way you'll get anyone's attention at the manufacturer is to sit down and tell you story to a Lawyer.

A customer has a reasonable expectation they will receive a usable product when they put their money down and clearly, you didn't. That's why legal remedies are available.

Might also contact the company that financed the unit (if you did finance it). Won't get you out of your contract but sometimes it triggers a "conversation" with the seller. Chances are they have a close relationship and the seller might have to go find another "Money Store" if they don't take care of the customer.

FWIW, it's really amazing how many issues, that people are frustrated over trying to resolve themselves, are suddenly resolved after a letter from an attorney is received. Often they trigger a resolution without any lawsuit being filed.

Good Luck.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote