Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #1

What is this cable for?

2018 XLR Nitro 35VL5. The cable in question is the coax cable that comes out of the wall in the garage area below the TV antenna booster wall plate.

I have been experiencing trouble with my antenna/cable TV. I have a cable tester with numbered terminators that can be installed on the cable outlets/inlets and traced/identified by number using the tester. I discovered that I have a faulty splitter and have ordered a replacement from Amazon. The cable I have not been able to trace/identify is the one coming out of the wall in the garage.

Here is the wiring that I have discovered so far for anyone that may own a 35VL5. Hope this helps someone.

1. Satellite input from the outside wet bay goes to the Satellite output on the wall plate located by the living room TV.

2. Cable input from the wet bay goes to the garage TV antenna booster wall plate "Cable input" located on the circuit board behind wall plate.

3. TV antenna goes to the garage TV antenna booster wall plate "Antenna input" located on the circuit board behind wall plate.

4. TV antenna booster wall plate "Set 1 output" located on the circuit board behind the wall plate directly feeds the connector for Cable/Antenna on the TV antenna booster wall plate.

5. TV antenna booster wall plate auxiliary/satellite? connector is a feed through connector on the wall plate and is not connected.

6. TV antenna booster wall plate "Set 2 output" located on circuit board behind wall plate goes to the 4 way splitter "Input" located behind the XLR control panel in the living room entryway cabinet.

7. The 4 way splitter located behind the XLR control panel in the living room entryway cabinet "Outputs" feed the Cable/Antenna wall plates for the Living room TV, Bedroom TV, Loft TV, and Outside TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180610_152333.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	179047   Click image for larger version

Name:	cable.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	330.4 KB
ID:	179354  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Wingard RV Wall Plate RV-7542 Installation Manual.pdf (303.1 KB, 80 views)
Nailz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:31 AM   #2
Site Team

The picture isn't very clear close up, but that looks like an RCA plug on the end of it, which makes it a feed to or from an audio or video source.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
The picture isn't very clear close up, but that looks like an RCA plug on the end of it, which makes it a feed to or from an audio or video source.

Sorry I did not have a better image. I could not rotate the image once I had uploaded it to the forum. On my computer it displays correctly.

The cable is definitely coaxial with an F-Type connector.
Old 07-11-2018, 02:20 PM   #4

Do you have a satellite prewire to the roof?
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 09:31 AM   #5

My initial response is, no. I have been on the roof several times but not looking specifically for a location to connect a satellite. I will look for this the next time I am on the roof, like when installing my new slide awnings

I do have a satellite connection in the wet bay. If there is a connection on the roof then would it be connected via splitter to the connection in the wet bay? If so I could not trace the cable protruding from the wall in the garage to the wet bay satellite connection. Perhaps I have another bad splitter.

Also I have looked at pictures of my model camper online and some have the cable coming out of the wall in the garage and some do not.

I'll spend some more time working on this when I'm in the camper again because it just bugs me not knowing.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:44 PM   #6

Well there's your problem right there!

Discovered why the bedroom TV was not receiving anything. The port on the splitter for the bedroom TV was defective. The center pin to circuit board connection was broken.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180713_162019.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	179450   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180713_162103.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	179453   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180713_162111.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	251.8 KB
ID:	179454  

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2013 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 6.7L, Air Lift 5K Ultimate,
B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch, Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
2008 Honda Goldwing, U.S. Army Veteran
Old 07-15-2018, 09:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailz View Post
Sorry I did not have a better image. I could not rotate the image once I had uploaded it to the forum. On my computer it displays correctly.

The cable is definitely coaxial with an F-Type connector.

THANKS! to the Ops for rotating my picture for me. Is there something I could have done that I did not see?

2018 FR XLR Nitro 35VL5
2013 Ford F250 SRW 4x4 6.7L, Air Lift 5K Ultimate,
B&W Turnoverball Gooseneck Hitch, Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 5th Wheel Connection
2008 Honda Goldwing, U.S. Army Veteran

Tags
cable