Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2011, 08:46 AM   #1

Wheel Chocks for stability on a triple axle. XLR toy hauler

I am having a hard time to find stablizing wheel chocks for our XLR toy hauler. It is a triple axle. I bought a set and was told it would work on a triple axle but it doesn't. We are trying to eliminate the shaking in the camper from movment.
vtlynnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtlynnard View Post
I am having a hard time to find stablizing wheel chocks for our XLR toy hauler. It is a triple axle. I bought a set and was told it would work on a triple axle but it doesn't. We are trying to eliminate the shaking in the camper from movment.
Welcome aboard...
There is a ton of info here regarding wheel chocks and trailer movement/shaking. The "search" function button will help. Can't help you with the chocks, but the only way to eliminate the shaking is to use good scizzor jacks and raise the entire trailer so that the suspension system is not carrying any of the load. Trailer movement caused by folks walking around in it comes from the suspension responding to the shifting weight. Wheel chocks will reduce the forward/backward movement but do nothing for the up/down movement.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 09:58 AM   #3

Thank you
I was hoping that someone with an XLR triple axle, may have some that fit and could share what they have as I bought one set that didn't work. I did see on here the homemade ones which is a possibility. I can just bring the camper to the dealer and see what they have to offer.
I'll definitely check to see how high we we put the jacks which may help also.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #4

I use the BAL X chocks, fits between the second and third axels, I also use the Kin Pin stabilizer to secure the front, the thing is rock solid, can jump anywhere and not feel a thing.
DarcyRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:48 PM   #5

Darcy, Do you have a xlr toy hauler with a triple axle? We do have the king pin we just havn't used it yet. We plan on camping in a week and I want to have the chocks by then. As I mentioned the ones we bought didn't fit.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #6

Check out my previuos post to see a pic of my unit, the chocks will only fit between the 2 back axels, for some reason the 2 front ones are closer.
DarcyRobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:23 PM   #7

I think the king pin is a waste of space, The JT Strong arms work very well. Took a couple of hours to install but worth it.

Mark
mmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:54 PM   #8

Thanks Darcy. I ordered them and hope to have them tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #9

i installed the steadyfast system on my 5th wheel. lots of difference between that and the king pin stabilizer. still not 100% but u have to have to be looking for it to feel someone moving in the other part. shake caused by the washing machine is abt 20% of what it was without them.

SteadyFast: 5th Wheel and RV Travel Trailer Stabilizer System
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle