Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #1

Xlr 29mbv

Finally taking delivery of our 2012 29MBV on Thursday. Had a couple of issues upon delivery at the dealer. Those have been taken care of, so looking forward to getting it home. Looks like we may be conducting our PDI in the rain. We have had several different trailers/5th wheels, but this will be our first toyhauler. I will post some pics and hopefully be able to comment on just how great a decision we made on this selection.
Steve7575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #2

Steve7575,
We have one for about 1 1/2 years now. It is the best thing that I have done. I did take out the table with the sitting area. It would not fit me with my size. I am 6'5" tall and 260#'s. My DW and I love it. The only thing I will change in the future is the murphy bed for a Happy Jac.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #3

We brought our unit home in early June and have spent approximately 35 nights in it. It meets our needs and the only change we made was have a single happy Jack bed installed in the rear replacing the Murphy bed. We love all the room up front and the large bathroom. One issue we had is the pocket door in the rear has come off one side. I need to have it fixed under warranty.

Enjoy yours and feel free to send me a PM with any questions.
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:38 PM   #4

Took Delivery of the XLR 29MBV. We bought it sight unseen, but we were able to view other XLR floorplans at the dealer. Also looked various pictures on line. The floorplan is what sold us. For the most part, it is what we expected. There are several significant changes in ours v/s what we thought it was going to be.

1. XLR advertised a Lazy Boy recliner. Ours came with an off brand (ugly) swivel/rocker.
2. The mattress on the Happy Jack/electric bed is about 3 inches thick. Almost laughable except for how uncomfortable it is.
3. There is NO storage for the sewer hose. Build a trailer with holding tanks and not have any place to put the nasty sewer hose??
4. The inflatable bed on the sofa is really wierd and almost unusable. Remove the couch cushion, lay half the mattress on the sofa, the other half on the floor and inflate. The portion on the floor inflates to the height of the sofa. It makes a very thick inflated area that when laid on forces air to other areas. Not useful.

On the good side, very comfortable living area, it towed very well, and everything seems to work.

Now I need to get it rigged up to haul my Harley.

What have you done to store the sewer hose???
Old 11-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #5

There was a post about using a gutter and other items to have a place for all the hoses for grey/black. it was mounted underneath the TT I am looking right now to try to find the post as I will be doing this mod as well.

Sorry it is not on this forum but found the page here http://rvbasics.com/techtips/RV-Sewer-Hose-Storage.html
Namchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:12 AM   #6

New trailer questions

We first added a 2" memory foam topper to our Happy Jac mattress when we got the XLR Toy Hauler. It made the mattress bearable. We then ordered a 10" memory foam mattress from Amazon and used that last trip. It is very comfortable but we forgot to account for the motor and bar than is used to raise and lower the bed. When we put it back up, we had to use the slightly lower holes to secure the bed for travel. If you decide to add a mattress, keep it 8" or under.

I keep our sewer hose in a plastic tub in the back of the truck. It works fine and keeps it separate from all the other camping gear. You might have room to put a PVC pipe under the XLR if you want to mount it. It is not that big a deal to me.

The only other suggestion is that you add a second strap to restrain the sliding door between the sleeping area and bath area. The single strap on our door is not enough to keep the door in place.

Our front sofa is a jack knife and to use it we open it and inflate the bed on top of the sofa. We have not had an issue so I am not sure what problems you are having. We have had an adult use it without complaint.
Honda ST1100
BMW R1100R
Linnemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:30 PM   #7

Thanks for your replies and information. I think we are really going to be happy with the our choice. Just really difficult downsizing from a large fifth wheel with tons of storage.

We just replaced the mattress, So much better. Also bought some plastic storage containers.

Some things make me wonder what the designer was thinking when they laid out the plan for it though. There are three holding tanks (which I am used to). BUT, all three dump valve handles and the sewer hose connection are under the slide out. So when the slide is out, I have to get on my hands an knees, crawl under it to pull the valves.

Thanks again.