Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-13-2022, 10:30 AM   #1

XLR 3016 Slide out by itself

Just purchased a new 2022 XLR 3016. I traveled 1k miles to pick it up. On the drive home the slide-out began to come out on it own. After pulling off the road and bringing it back in I noticed the key tor the battery disconnect was not removed. Thought maybe that had something to do with it. Removed the key and was back on our way.

About 30 minutes later we stopped for fuel and while I was pumping fuel it began to extend again on it own. When it would extend only one motor would work causing it to come out sideways. I retracted it and decided to fully disconnect the battery.

Then traveling on six lane interstate coming through Birmingham Alabama with the battery disconnect and the inside fuse pulled it one again extends into the other lane. We were able to safely exit the interstate and retract the slide (which was still getting power) I located the slide controller which had a green led and pulled the 12v wire.

The only way for the controller to be getting power at this point was from the 7 way plug.

We got home safely and took it to the closest warranty service repair shop. However it’s going to be three weeks or more before they can get to it.

Was wondering if anyone else had experience anything like this.
Policeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 10:38 AM   #2

Please keep us updated. Sorry this post is no help but it will generate an email to me if someone else comments with solutions or guesses.

-- Chuck
Old 01-14-2022, 09:20 AM   #3

Slides tend to be wired directly to the battery because of the huge amp draw and thru a re-settable fuse on the frame. It would help to know the type of slide operator you rig has.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 09:43 AM   #4

SeaDog thanks for the reply. I took it to a warranty shop and it will be a couple weeks before they can work on it. It has a cable driven slide and the controller is a “BAL” I believe that it was only getting power to one motor which was causing it to deploy sideways.
Policeboss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out, xlr