Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
Barb

XLR Boost Front Stabilizer Jacks

We were hitching up to come home from a camping trip and all of a sudden our front lift stopped working. We ended up having to use the manual crank to get off the ground so we could get home. Unfortunately, that wasn't easy because when our unit was assembled the crank sprocket was about 1/4 inch above where the crank goes in. Well, with a lot of sweat we got er done. However, now I would like to concentrate on the jack mechanism. My guess is there is either a reset button or a fuse box on the mechanism itself, but my on'line manual is worthless in this instance. I do not want to pay $100 to have some mechanic change a fuse (it has happened in the past). Does anybody out there who knows how to fix this easily, or am I stuck with a repair?
Barbasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:50 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered however first it would help if you tell the forum your make and model year of your rig. there are some really smart folks on that may be able to answer your question.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 05:39 PM   #3
Barb

Thank you. I filled out the registry, and hope to start reviewing the threads to see what I can learn.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:07 PM   #4
Barb

Leveling Jacks problem solved

Happy to say the problem was solved. We found the fuse box(encased in red, just to the right of the Jack motor, accessible from battery compartment) and replaced it. We were told that it is a common problem if the jacks are raised all the way up or down. We were also told to put a larger fuse in, but 30a is the max, so I just bought extras. Also, where the manual crank was stuck due to the incorrect placement of the metal hole, we sawed a notch and were able easily to extract the crank handle with no damage to anything. Again, we were told by our dealer that that is probably how they would have fixed it. So we are happy campers again! I hope somebody else can profit from this.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:39 PM   #5

Hello! Do you have a pic of where the fuse is? I'm having problem with my rear stabalizer
irishhokie2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 12:13 PM   #6
Barb

Rear stabilizer fuse.

I'm not sure where the rear stabilizer fuse is on your unit. It could be on your cab control panel, up front near the batteries, or in the rear connected to the wiring that goes to your stabilizers. On our XLR I did notice two fuse containers near the battery, up front. I can't get a photo at this time, but maybe in a couple of weeks. There was a red box and a black box. The black one was for our front stabilizers. They are flat, square, about 1-1/2 inches. They pop open and there should be a 30 amp fuse inside. If it's blown, then there's your trouble. I know that on another unit we had, the other fuse was for the bedroom slide. Not sure if that's the case here. I think they change it up so we will be confused and pay $100 to have them replaced (happened to us the first time). Hope that helps.

Tags
jacks, stabilizer, xlr