Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2021, 07:19 PM   #1

Xlr nitro toy hauler quality

First off I own a 2018 XLR Nitro 42DS5 which is a triple axle with side deck. I take total care of my camper which is covered when not used and I have side deck rot which is crazy. They do not stand by their work if I could do it all over again I would stay away from the slapped together brand with no backing to their craftsmanship.
RCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 09:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCreek View Post
First off I own a 2018 XLR Nitro 42DS5 which is a triple axle with side deck. I take total care of my camper which is covered when not used and I have side deck rot which is crazy. They do not stand by their work if I could do it all over again I would stay away from the slapped together brand with no backing to their craftsmanship.

Unfortunately, Iím finding that this is pretty much the case industry wide. Covid has just magnified the problems. Theyíre pretty much all junk with little to no after the sale support from anyone (dealer or manufacturer). Everyone plays the blame game when it comes to an actual problem. Sad state of affairs for sure. Best of luck to you.
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckDriver1973 View Post
Unfortunately, Iím finding that this is pretty much the case industry wide. Covid has just magnified the problems. Theyíre pretty much all junk with little to no after the sale support from anyone (dealer or manufacturer). Everyone plays the blame game when it comes to an actual problem. Sad state of affairs for sure. Best of luck to you.
lol the dealership says my seal is rotten which is not the case. Every issue they try to blame the customer. A 3 year old camper should not have a rotten patio deck. That means water has been getting in between the fiberglass and wood since day one. This camper is only used on weekends that are nice since we boat and brought home and covered. I am so sick over these issues on an 80k camper.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:35 PM   #4

Quote:
lol the dealership says my seal is rotten which is not the case. Every issue they try to blame the customer. A 3 year old camper should not have a rotten patio deck. That means water has been getting in between the fiberglass and wood since day one. This camper is only used on weekends that are nice since we boat and brought home and covered. I am so sick over these issues on an 80k camper.

Yea, youíre preaching to the choir here my friend. Iíve got a story that would fill a book from a recent experience at a local dealership, but I wonít bore you. Needless to say, they had my trailer for over 5 months and had absolutely 0 communication the entire time. If I wanted answers to anything, I had to callÖand 90% of the time, calls were never returned. I had to just get lucky and catch them before they were gone foe the day or on break or on vacation or wherever they were most of the time. Iím still waiting on an awning bumper that they told they installed (which they didnít)Öservice advisor just lied to me. Apparently he lied to me when he said he mailed it to me (3 weeks ago). Iíve called and left a message for him twice, asking where it is and he has yet to return my call. The industry really is pathetic. I knew it was terrible when I purchased my trailer and they still havenít even met those low expectationsÖhahaha
TruckDriver1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:43 PM   #5

The patios are not designed to be rained on, many people leave the patio out all day and night , rain or shine.
I understand it makes no sense but it will rot out the patio or ramp.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:37 AM   #6

Yes it’s sad as little as I use it and the care I take of it that the patios are junk.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:40 AM   #7

lol you should just like me, I had to become a bounty hunter to track them down. I understand campers can fine with minor issues but like you when I first bought my camper it say 10 weeks waiting for a new leveling system that was on back order. Got to the camp ground all excited and boom it didn’t work. Common sense would of been to take the leveling computer system off an unsold unit to get me going again but nope.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:06 PM   #8

Quote:
I to have a 42DS5 and the side deck developed a bulge in it. I contacted LCI with the problem. I sent them pictures and serial numbers. They not only sent me a new deck they also paid for the shipping. I had to pay a local repair shop to install it. I ordered a set of decals from Forest River XLR to put on the new deck. The new deck appears to be better sealed than the original one. Just as a safety I sealed all the seams and around all screws and bolts both on the outside as well as on the inside of the deck. Good luck.
rkwhite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 04:07 PM   #9

Interesting, the my RV shop just submitted the info to them. How old was your camper? Thanks for your response!!!
Old 05-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #10

Quote:
Interesting, the my RV shop just submitted the info to them. How old was your camper? Thanks for your response!!!
I purchased it new in July, 2017. I had read on some forums that if you talked to the sometimes they would replace the deck but you would have to pay the shipping and installation. I guess I was lucky because they covered the shipping also (shipping would have been about $1,500 to Louisiana). In fact the first deck was damaged in shipping and they shipped a replacement one free.
Old 05-06-2021, 03:58 PM   #11

So the dealership told me LCI denied fixing the door. The dealership blames me for the seal and that’s why it’s rotted. That is not the case my seal is great. They will not comprehend that water gets between the layers and is rotting it out for the inside out. What caused your damage and what did you say to have it replaced? I’m heading there tomorrow to pick it up. I’m very upset know how I care for my camper all and this is what has happened. I appreciate the time you spent responding back to me.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:21 PM   #12

Quote:
So the dealership told me LCI denied fixing the door. The dealership blames me for the seal and thatís why itís rotted. That is not the case my seal is great. They will not comprehend that water gets between the layers and is rotting it out for the inside out. What caused your damage and what did you say to have it replaced? Iím heading there tomorrow to pick it up. Iím very upset know how I care for my camper all and this is what has happened. I appreciate the time you spent responding back to me.
You may try call LCI yourself direct instead of having the dealer call them. I contacted them directly and even had the new deck shipped to the rv repair shop that was going to install it.
Good luck.

Tags
quality, toy hauler, xlr